Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 11/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, Golfingboy said:

Oh my.....it lived up to the hype, and then some. What a cast, what a movie

Left me a bit underwhelmed to be honest. 

Decent movie and story but despite the all the de-aging they (de Niro, Pacino to a lesser extent Pesci) talked and moved like old men to me. 

Like boxers who refuse to hang up their gloves. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:23 AM, Krapow said:

Someone at the recommended Power to me, said it was like Top Boy. 

Watched half an hour of it, couldn't get into it at all, nothing like Top Boy, which I really enjoyed. 

Stick with it once you get to know the characters its brilliant.

Top Boy I ended up liking in the end ,though I can't stand the pretentious fucking slang the kids are all using now.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Left me a bit underwhelmed to be honest. 

Decent movie and story but despite the all the de-aging they (de Niro, Pacino to a lesser extent Pesci) talked and moved like old men to me. 

Like boxers who refuse to hang up their gloves. 

I'd say I liked it , though was underwhelmed too it deffo was no Goodfellas.

Al Pacino stole the show for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Started Vikings a couple of years ago. Didn,t give it a fair chance but tried again recently and loving it. Probably most of you with any interest will have already seen it. But, if not it may be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, galenkia said:

Thought this was excellent 

MV5BN2M0YmFmM2MtNGIyZS00NjY4LTk1MjgtNGRmNjdjMjE1MDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDMxNTQ3MTk_._V1_.jpg

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

Thought this was excellent 

MV5BN2M0YmFmM2MtNGIyZS00NjY4LTk1MjgtNGRmNjdjMjE1MDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDMxNTQ3MTk_._V1_.jpg

Got halfway through it and passed out for the night. Bloody sad to see the state Ronnie’s body is in, he’s barely 50. But with the massive amount of drugs he took....many have died in their 30’s following such a regimen, at least he’s alive. The heavy lifting that gave him those big muscles also took a toll on his joints, unfortunately. I was actually surprised to hear that some guys have built huge physiques keeping reps between 15-20, but it’s all how your body responds

The question I’ve always asked myself - how was he still a police officer at his peak size in early 2000’s? He’s not the only cop who ever juiced, but in his case it’s so obvious he was on drugs, you would think the department would have distanced themselves and let him go. Seems like it would have been a lawsuit waiting to happen. Plus carrying all that bulk, couldn’t have been easy to perform his duties

Just watched the first three episodes of "The Witcher" described as a "Dark Fantasy Adventure."

Features "Geralt" a mutated monster hunter. Sounds naff but don't let that put you off as it is a very adult series with plenty of violence, good acting, lavish sets and a regular diet of tits and sex. 

What is there possibly to dislike?🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Got halfway through it and passed out for the night. Bloody sad to see the state Ronnie’s body is in, he’s barely 50. But with the massive amount of drugs he took....many have died in their 30’s following such a regimen, at least he’s alive. The heavy lifting that gave him those big muscles also took a toll on his joints, unfortunately. I was actually surprised to hear that some guys have built huge physiques keeping reps between 15-20, but it’s all how your body responds

The question I’ve always asked myself - how was he still a police officer at his peak size in early 2000’s? He’s not the only cop who ever juiced, but in his case it’s so obvious he was on drugs, you would think the department would have distanced themselves and let him go. Seems like it would have been a lawsuit waiting to happen. Plus carrying all that bulk, couldn’t have been easy to perform his duties

I suspect he had no difficulty ( putting the cuffs on a perp ) 55555.

JDM

Thought this 3 part documentary was excellent. 

It's about the hunt for a guy who started out posting videos of himself killing cats on the Internet before escalating to posting a video of him killing and dismembering a man. 

And how a Facebook group helped identify and capture him. 

n1bke6hdzf541.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, galenkia said:

It's about the hunt for a guy who started out posting videos of himself killing cats on the Internet before escalating to posting a video of him killing and dismembering a man. 

n1bke6hdzf541.jpg

I will watch it this week. As a man born and raised in Montreal, I hate having this psycho’s name mentioned in the same breath as my city. Guess he got his 15 minutes of fame. Always felt horrible for the student’s family. It’s bad enough coming over to study in a new country and dying, but the manner in which he passed....awful

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Jambo said:

Just watched the first three episodes of "The Witcher" described as a "Dark Fantasy Adventure."

Features "Geralt" a mutated monster hunter. Sounds naff but don't let that put you off as it is a very adult series with plenty of violence, good acting, lavish sets and a regular diet of tits and sex. 

What is there possibly to dislike?🤣

Not normally a genre I would enjoy, but just finished watching the first three episodes too and I'm hooked. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, galenkia said:

n1bke6hdzf541.jpg

Watched that on the flight over last week. f**k me, what a crazy program.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2019 at 6:14 AM, roomark said:

Not Netflix but I saw this last night absolutely brilliant and real sad towards the end.

He had it all Kylie, Helena Christenson and then Paula f***Yates!! 

It's on BBC catch up I think if you are in The U.K .

Brilliant

Watched that earlier today and it is excellent. 

Comes across a nice fella and that accident caused his suicide for sure. 

• Like 1

Never ever binge watched in my life. Read "Midnight in Chernobyl" up in Isaan .....a;ways prefer tp read the book first to get the real story.

So 6pm started Chernobyl and watched all five episodes one after the other. Thought it was brilliant ......... the only annoying bit was the compulsory female heroine that has to be in every movie these days played by Emily Watson who did not exist.

The rest pretty damn true and faithful apart from that first helicopter did not crash and Legasov did not do the final trial bollocks but the rest was stunning and amazing ..........

Probably been mentioned dozens of times by the lads on here but not a binge watcher .................. my daughter just told me next "Breaking Bad".

Who said I was not hip and up to date ............ :default_1087: