Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Watched that earlier today and it is excellent. 

Comes across a nice fella and that accident caused his suicide for sure. 

100% it did.

Best thing I've seen in a long time I forgot how good they were .

Some of the old unreleased footage that was from his personal recordings with Kylie and Helena Christenson was brilliant. 

Sad very sad.

I'd forgotten what scumbags our shitrag press are too.

• Like 1

Well, I have now access to Netflix in Bali.

My DVD player is connected to the net, so I can watch Youtube vids on the TV. Proudly switching it on to show my technical skills to my son, and he goes "Hey you have Netflix also ?"

Me : Yeah, I have the logo but no subscription

Him : Never mind, use mine !

Me Yours is in France ! 

No problem, digs up his phone, launches the app, type in his password, and there we go. Told me he can have 6 different connections, so it should be ok. So today I tried again, and visibly it works !

Binge watch the whole S1 of "The Bodyguard" ! And visibly I escape the Indo censorship as well !

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Watching it now 

Ronnie is a legend, greatest bodybuilder ever. Took over from Dorian Yates who I met at a Weider shop in Kingston in the 80's at a fan meet. 

Loved weight training in my younger days and followed the sport. 

14 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Ronnie is a legend, greatest bodybuilder ever. Took over from Dorian Yates who I met at a Weider shop in Kingston in the 80's at a fan meet. 

Loved weight training in my younger days and followed the sport. 

Enjoyed it although they didn't touch on the steroid use , think he had admitted it in the past , although couldn't when he was a cop ....

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Enjoyed it although they didn't touch on the steroid use , think he had admitted it in the past , although couldn't when he was a cop ....

Almost none talk of their cycles.As I was 'involved in the steroid scene' for a few years I got to hear of some of the pro cycles and some were frightening in their amount. 

Thousands of milligrams a day. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2020 at 6:18 PM, Thai Spice said:

Well, I have now access to Netflix in Bali.

My DVD player is connected to the net, so I can watch Youtube vids on the TV. Proudly switching it on to show my technical skills to my son, and he goes "Hey you have Netflix also ?"

Me : Yeah, I have the logo but no subscription

Him : Never mind, use mine !

Me Yours is in France ! 

No problem, digs up his phone, launches the app, type in his password, and there we go. Told me he can have 6 different connections, so it should be ok. So today I tried again, and visibly it works !

Binge watch the whole S1 of "The Bodyguard" ! And visibly I escape the Indo censorship as well !

Will even make your stays in the jungle bearable lol 

1 minute ago, Esco said:

Will even make your stays in the jungle bearable lol 

Naah, its in Bali.

No cable TV or fiber connection in da jungle.

In fact I dont even have a TV in my quarters.  Books and movies on my laptop are enough. 

There is satellite TV in the main house, but I never watch it, and soon to come internet by satellite but I doubt it will be high speed.

But Netflix is good. I am surprised about the quality ! 

Watched "The two popes" this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Naah, its in Bali.

No cable TV or fiber connection in da jungle.

In fact I dont even have a TV in my quarters.  Books and movies on my laptop are enough. 

There is satellite TV in the main house, but I never watch it, and soon to come internet by satellite but I doubt it will be high speed.

But Netflix is good. I am surprised about the quality ! 

Watched "The two popes" this afternoon.

So many good series but you'll have only french content so difficult to recommend any. Do you get eg Mindhunter, Narcos, Blacklist, Sons of Arnachy? All worth a watch. 

Any chance you can get an unlimited 4G mobile streaming package in the jungle? That would work. 

1 hour ago, Esco said:

So many good series but you'll have only french content so difficult to recommend any. Do you get eg Mindhunter, Narcos, Blacklist, Sons of Arnachy? All worth a watch. 

Any chance you can get an unlimited 4G mobile streaming package in the jungle? That would work. 

Not French content mate, in fact havent seen any French movie on the list yet. And all movie are in original version, not dubbed.

I'll grab a few screenshots tmrw.

And I can use the "search" option. Thats how I looked up today's movies.

And yes, as you say, there seem to be some great movies and series on there. 

Will check for the 4G thing in the jungle !

22 hours ago, roomark said:

Watched this in 2 days 

Absolutely brilliant.

18 hours ago, Esco said:

3 episodes in and loving it.. cheers

15 hours ago, roomark said:

Yeah it's really different ..

Had me hooked.

Brilliant acting too

10 hours ago, Starshine said:

Just finished watching. Best series I have seen on Netflix for a long while.

Well, I just watched 2 1/2 episodes and turned it off.  It does nothing for me, I mean the scenario is confused, I can not find a real thread or suspense. The acting is OK, but again nothing special for me.

Maybe this Forbes article resumes pretty well what I feel, even having watch only a small part.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/01/06/does-netflixs-messiah-make-al-masih-jesus-christ-a-fraud-or-the-antichrist/amp/

• Great Info 1

Just watched this

MV5BZTAxZWViYTUtMDljNi00MmQ5LTk2MzEtYmIwZDNkOTFhZjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjkxOTcwNjc@._V1_SX178_AL_.jpg

Based on a true story, including the crash of the UN Secretary General's plane, probably shot down, the case is still not really clear till now.

Synopsis :

"8 of 10 for the genre. In 1961, during the Cold War, the UN sends 155 Irish Soldiers to keep the peace in Jadotville in what is locally known as the Congo Crisis. Katanga broke away from the Congo in the south, and as it turns out, Jadotville locals mostly supported the Katangans. To make matters worse, the richest, coveted vein of uranium in the world is in the balance. During this 6-day siege, the Irish prove themselves to the last bullet, in this real-life event. --- Starring Jamie Dornan and Mark Strong, this film indeed achieves intense realism as the Irish defend an unenviable position, and we learn some history previously hush-hush until recent times. It is presumes the Katangans wanted UN captives to bargain with in their bid for Independence from Congo. Incidentally, Irish field uniforms were pretty cool too. It's a solid film, and while it didn't require a huge budget to make, it does not have a low-budget feel, at all. Starring Jamie Dornan and Mark Strong. Enjoy!"

And :

"I thought this might have been a bit of sleeper, but I watched it for the story. This is a great film. My concern was, as with so many 'True' stories, the pacing.. This is film starts well, and just carries right through. Great pacing, good cinematography, very good acting and a script with no 'oh come on' moments. 
The only down side is the fact its true and how great acts of valour are turned into cowardice foe politics. These troops were up there with the soldiers of Rorke's Drift.
All in all, I think this is solid 9."

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, I just watched 2 1/2 episodes and turned it off.  It does nothing for me, I mean the scenario is confused, I can not find a real thread or suspense. The acting is OK, but again nothing special for me.

Maybe this Forbes article resumes pretty well what I feel, even having watch only a small part.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/01/06/does-netflixs-messiah-make-al-masih-jesus-christ-a-fraud-or-the-antichrist/amp/

Not for everyone mate..

I'm not religious and just thought it had a pretty good shout at current happenings in today's society  etc etc...

I am a deep thinker sometimes , but I  loved it personally.

• Like 1