Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

Been watching this superb new superhero series. Awesome super power's, battles and special effects, just like a superhero series should be. Unlike the lame arse Marvel one's on Netflix in the past. 

JL_S1_Alt_Comic_Art_Vertical_sRGB_copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Been watching this superb new superhero series. Awesome super power's, battles and special effects, just like a superhero series should be. Unlike the lame arse Marvel one's on Netflix in the past. 

Cheers Al...I was debating about watching this...Will give it a shot

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Cheers Al...I was debating about watching this...Will give it a shot

That sounds just up my street too, sadly I don't have Netflix at the moment.

Edited by boydeste

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That sounds just up my street too, sadly I don't have Netflix at the moment.

Did you see there's a new 3 part series starting on BBC 2 tomorrow 9pm called God's Of Snooker?. Looks well worth a watch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Did you see there's a new 3 part series starting on BBC 2 tomorrow 9pm called God's Of Snooker?. Looks well worth a watch. 

Thanks mate, just set it to record and there is the life of Alex Higgins after too.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thanks mate, just set it to record and there is the life of Alex Higgins after too.

I'll have to watch that on iplayer as I'm back in work Monday so up at 4.30am. Both should be great watches. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, galenkia said:

Three episodes in and I'm not sure about it ... l will carry on though 

On 5/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, galenkia said:

Finished this now ...   sort of enjoyed it and would watch a next season ... but didn't like the way it jumped back and forth whilst it established the origins storyline ...  think they will probably do the same again to explain why they fell out with George 

Thought The Boys dealt with dysfunctional Superheroes in a more entertaining  way 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:35 AM, galenkia said:

Thought this was good. 

night-stalker-the-hunt-for-a-serial-killer-netflix-poster.jpg

Just watched all of this last night, very interesting to get the detectives’ point of view. Ramirez was one sick f—

When they slowed down a frame of him looking at the camera, I swear, those eyes were just scary. The poor victims who had him hovering over them in their final moments. And the groupies he had......I never knew. Hot women sending nude Polaroids to this psycho in jail....unreal 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look fellas, I’m no film critic here, but this film......was just missing something. Bad acting, overacting, I don’t know.....but it has decent action storylines. Just one of those flicks where you say “ somebody didn’t edit this properly before it went to market” Especially bad considering Shia LeBoeuf stars in it, he should have been involved in the production more

But if you like the gangster/cartel genre, you might find it worth a watch 

8990AFF0-E601-4D57-8A5E-EC567421863F.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

Not Netflix, but Amazon Prime's library just got considerably bigger at a cost of $8.45 billion.

Amazon buys MGM in a mega media deal

The deal, which is valued at $8.45 billion, gives Amazon an extensive library of film and TV shows that it can use to fill out its Prime Video content coffers. MGM has a catalog with more than 4,000 films and 17,000 TV shows, according to Mike Hopkins, who heads Prime Video and Amazon Studios.

I recently have watched Breaking Bad, The Serpent, Narcos and Narcos Mexico and i really enjoyed. Netflix has become a real bonus for me during these Covid times (i'm trying to be sensible lol) what with bars closed and restaurants not serving alcohol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I recently have watched Breaking Bad, The Serpent, Narcos and Narcos Mexico and i really enjoyed. Netflix has become a real bonus for me during these Covid times (i'm trying to be sensible lol) what with bars closed and restaurants not serving alcohol.

Better Call Saul is worth a look if you enjoyed BB. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I must say, the free year of AppleTV I got with my new phone.....looks almost worthless.  At least with Netflix, everything available is free, but on Apple, so many films being shown, then you click and it says “Rent or Buy” 

That being said, just finished watching this, and it was excellent. One of the few freebies because it’s an Apple production.

JT really plays a good part

5951FE9F-1F5D-4870-B02E-D984D4F2A7C6.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy