Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

finished watching the 2nd series of Black Summer on netflix - whilst i am not a fan of the show format (show a scene, then give the back story through a series of flashbacks) the show did engage me through to the end. Its an interesting take on the Zombie apocalypse with all other remaining humans being hell bent on killing each other and doing each other over.  

Also noticed that its made by the same people as ZNation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 10:36 PM, thumper63 said:

There have been many beautifully done tv series made over the years but currently my favorites are Blue Bloods, NCIS with Mark Harmon and Bosch.

I enjoyed watching Blue Bloods, but I could not stand the time it took till the credits finished, I was trying to get into the story lines, but the credits ruined it for me, they just seemed to go on and on. So I stopped watching it.

Edited by NoshowJones

Started this last week, already finished about half the 34 episodes……I’m starting to consider that bingeworthy, IMO

Many true events, but also many liberties taken with names, dates, events, etc…For example, I have a hard time believing Chapo was EVER put in solitary for months and beaten by guards in a Mexican jail

Season 2 really starts to show the struggles of ordinary Mexicans caught in a narco-state, extremely sad. The corruption of the politicians, cops and army is just astounding, as well

Except for a few scenes with DEA agents, the series is 100% in Spanish and subtitled, much like Narcos: Mexico

B74D0C2C-30CA-40E7-BA3B-3101E00979D7.jpeg

• Like 2

I enjoyed Castle a crime drama/comedy.  Last 1.5 seasons it got a little dull.

Mandolorian and now starting Alias since Disney plus has made it to Thailand.

Psych, The Mentalist, Elementary, and Sherlock were fun, too.

Edited by tko
Added more

On 7/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, galenkia said:

This is good if you like the Fast & Furious series type of action films. 

MV5BNzE2ZjQxNjEtNmI2ZS00ZmU0LTg4M2YtYzVhYmRiYWU0YzI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

The Fast and Furious type films were fun but I find them getting a bit more improbable as I get older. I should probably just put on my slippers and cardigan and wait for the 'Slow and Grumpy' films to be released.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, tko said:

I enjoyed Castle a crime drama/comedy.  Last 1.5 seasons it got a little dull.

Mandolorian and now starting Alias since Disney plus has made it to Thailand.

Psych, The Mentalist, Elementary, and Sherlock were fun, too.

Personally, I thought both the Mentalist and Mandolorian were a complete load of tosh and very soon gave up on them.

In fact, we must have completely different tastes as I cannot say I found any of the above particularly riveting.

Maybe, with the exception of Sherlock if that was the one without the asian girl from Charlie's Angels. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

django.jpg

Whenever I’m feeling blue, I just go to YouTube and watch the scene where Stephen makes his appearance when the others arrive at the ranch. 

“yeah, yeah, hello my ass”……

”I misses you suh, likes I misses a rock, in my shoe” 

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Whenever I’m feeling blue, I just go to YouTube and watch the scene where Stephen makes his appearance when the others arrive at the ranch. 

“yeah, yeah, hello my ass”……

”I misses you suh, likes I misses a rock, in my shoe” 

Sure is a fun character to hate, along with several others !