Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 7/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, galenkia said:

This new Russian film is well worth a look. 

AAAABbK2rvWPtfX41dLgV6ObcSK2_Q3QngZtHTywk939sGDQPXi0k7DGLiiQ4jODd_mKTSMH3bZlOZmhFJlPFU6ME_GuA4bo4zlaa9w6DN4D8ObEIKMs_Ga9yRh6rEO3lJPzbuItsDcGw6QFEhOCvwa0JGuPooulqM2oLkx0TQrGbIkSA8G64OvQFRs.jpg

Managed to get around to watching this last night. Still prefer the HBO series though, as this movie is riddled with inaccuracies throughout!

Important to note, that at no time was this mentioned during the film (and probably not surprised considering this was a Russian movie), that the liquidators were all Ukrainian and not Russian! The movie was written to give the impression they were Russian! Infact everyone was Russian, but in the real event, just about everyone initially connected to Chernobyl was Ukrainian.

Solid 7.5/10

On 6/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, TTD said:

Watched an Aussy series called Rake and loved it!  

the Rake.jpg

I missed your original post but came across this Australian TV series as a Netflix recommendation and got hooked on it.

It features Richard Roxburgh as Sydney lawyer "Cleaver Green" who spends most of his time when not shagging various females trying not to get struck off by the OZ Bar Association.

Series 1, episode 5 had me crying with laughter. If you wish to test the water watch this episode and see if you agree.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Been watching Prime Suspect 1973 on the ITV Hub. Prequel series about when Jane Tennison first joined the police. 

Excellent watch and love the old 70s cars, music and sets. 

I loved Prime Suspect back then.

Seen a few of the old Sweeney recently and enjoyed them, I may have a look back the same.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know I'm way behind here, but there's just too much good stuff to watch. I downloaded the first series 4 or 5 years ago when it first aired but I never watched it. I decided to give it a go and so downloaded it again, this time in full 1080p format. I enjoyed it a lot, a bit exaggerated maybe but plenty of action and plot twists, never a dull moment really. I think it must have gone downhill after the first season, though, as Netflix cancelled it after the third one. In spite of that, the first season's an entertaining watch.

MV5BYWY4ZWNiNDAtMzNjNC00YTk3LTgxMWItMTJk

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just finished Manhunt of ITV Hub. Superb true crime drama series about the hunt for a rapist /burglar who evaded capture for nearly 20 years. Highly recommended. 

I watched that & as you say it was superb.17 Years that bastard got away with it.

I'm glad that my 91yo mum didn't watch it.

• Like 1

Watched a good documentary last night about the real investigation into the Night Stalker on the ITV Hub. It's not due to be shown on the TV until Thursday but its on the Hub now. Features the senior investigation officer's such as Colin, Simon and Nathan etc. Very good watch. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After watching a video of the series on Facebook I have started watching 'Gangs Of London'.  

The video snippet seemed to be uploaded by a Russian or other East European account so I thought it was a foreign series but somebody asked what the name of the film/series was called and after translation it was 'Gangs Of London'

I have started watching it and have to say it is one of the most violent series I have seen, awesome stuff.

• Like 1

Just finished the last episode of the 5 part documentary series "Blair & Brown : The New Labour Revolution" currently showing on BBC2. The whole series is on the iplayer. Tells the story of the creation of New Labour until they lost their power. Features major contributions from Blair and Brown, plus features many of the important political figures of the time. Well worth a watch if you are interested in politics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...