How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

247 NEWS

Pattaya expat, former boxing champion tragically dies from injuries.

Pattaya expat, former boxing champion tragically dies from injuries suffered during Bangkok fight.

d.png.e31e3613d83f1c9224aa7a51c54f468d.png.c3c6375e6ead703559e72a0969b3dd0b.png

An Italian man and former world champion in Muay Thai and boxing has tragically following a fight in Bangkok.

Christian Daghio, 49, died on Friday in hospital in Bangkok after being put in a coma due to injuries suffered during a WBC Asia title match against Don Parueang on October 26th.

Footage of the fight posted on YouTube showed Daghio being knocked out in the 12th round after taking multiple punches to the head and face. He could then be seen being treated by medical staff inside the ring before later being rushed to hospital.

Mr Daghio, who had over 200 professional fights, won seven world titles in Muay Thai and boxing.

He moved to Pattaya more than twenty years ago where he ran the Kombat Group training facility.

He had also spent time working as a volunteer for the Tourist Police, who paid tribute to Mr Daghio on their Facebook page.

1619733600_ScreenshotatNov0408-40-55.png.9ecc3a48b31dd074c049ac564de74944.png

Mr Daghio’s brother, Fabrizio, who was also his manager, said: “Christian died as he wanted to die, that is in the ring.

“He dreamed of fighting until he was 80 years old”, Fabrizio told Italian media.

Mr Daghio leaves behind his wife and five year old daughter.

News sites in Italy described Daghio as a “legend of Muay Thai”.

Very sad but I would question his abilities to fight at 49. OK he would have taken my head off still but just seems a tad too old to be fighting.

RIP

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Very sad but I would question his abilities to fight at 49. OK he would have taken my head off still but just seems a tad too old to be fighting.

RIP

When you have the passion in your blood i guess its hard to face the reality of getting old.Especially sad as he leaves behind a 5 year old girl without her daddy.

RIP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

When you have the passion in your blood i guess its hard to face the reality of getting old.Especially sad as he leaves behind a 5 year old girl without her daddy.

RIP

Maybe if he was fighting old guys the bouts would not be so brutal for him but I suppose he is fighting younger, fitter guys.

I know my body has got more tired, less agile and I keep to doing things with exercise that my body will cope with. As you say he had it in his blood and probably people around him telling him to carry on. I just find it sad but then again even young fighters lose their lives in the ring, it is a sport that can come with consequences.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

RIP

I tried it over here (U.K) about 5 years back, when it came to training I was OK ,but the half hearted sparring forget about it the younger kids were far too good it would have only ended one way if I'd have taken it serious.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

RIP

Yes at 49 he was well over his peak, but once a fighter always a fighter. Many boxers carry on for too long and end up losing their last bouts before hanging up their gloves. Even Roy Jones Jr was still fighting quite recently. 

May he RIP. 

Roomark says it all ...done loads of martial arts but when it comes to contact the kids reflexes are in a  different league. You think you can still do it with guile, wisdom and experience but that is basically bollocks. 

49 way too old to be full on in the ring.

Requiescant in Pace as they say in Italian.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this guys face not familiar ? i remember a Tourist police scumbag who was involved in setting up "stings" on ST bars in Pattaya, it was not so long ago and if i remember correctly he was Italian.

But of course i could be wrong......  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can’t spend that amount of years taking hits to the head and expect to live forever.

He should have given up years ago, maybe he, or someone else, needed the money.

Is this guys face not familiar ? i remember a Tourist police scumbag who was involved in setting up "stings" on ST bars in Pattaya, it was not so long ago and if i remember correctly he was Italian.

Or you could be absolutely right.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, misteregg said:

Rest In Peace.
I’m following this thread with interest. *gets out popcorn*

Had been wondering about this post ...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well spotted Inspector Holmes of the Yard. Va bene !!!! ...... some wrong 'uns in that Tourist Police lot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sad indeed, heard Floyd Mayweaather at 41 years old, is going to Japan to fight a Japanese kick boxing legend?  Why?

One good kick to the side of his temple, he could be dead before he hits the canvass....with all the money he has and worked hard for seems really stupid to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Sad indeed, heard Floyd Mayweaather at 41 years old, is going to Japan to fight a Japanese kick boxing legend?  Why?

One good kick to the side of his temple, he could be dead before he hits the canvass....with all the money he has and worked hard for seems really stupid to me. 

His ego is bigger than his intelligence.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not hard in Floyd's case lol..

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

I think he just needs to keep the money coming in.

He had to negotiate with the IRS to get a deferment for taxes not so long ago until after his next big fight, the Manny one I think. 

In fact, I just did a quick search to add a link for that story and it seems this fight may also be to keep the IRS happy(ish) - 

http://thesource.com/2018/11/06/floyd-mayweather-50-cent-irs/

Although Fiddy is hardly a cast iron source 😄

Here's the previous cases details, from a slightly more reliable source - 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/07/24/irs-releases-mayweather-tax-lien-heres-how-irs-can-release-yours/#58ad135148e7

9 hours ago, Esco said:

Not hard in Floyd's case lol..

I was perplexed at this move by Money Mayweather as I saw no upside potential for his legacy, nor the match generating the PPV gate to provide Floyd the type of paydays he expects......but after talking to a sportswriter mate of mine based in Tokyo last night it now all makes sense. The dude is genius!

Hidden in all the hoopla is a little tidbit that Floyd has also invested and purchased nearly 50% of the shares in the RIZIN recently

http://www.rizinff.com/en/

So this New Years Eve match in Tokyo is not about the money of that match. It is Floyds way of putting RIZIN on the map of International Audience, not just the Japanese audience that knows it. Floyds plan is to than bring RIZIN to the USA, modify some of the rules to make it more UFC style than straight kick boxing, and compete with UFC for market share. 

Maybe old Money Mayweather is actually a lot more intelligent than given credit for. Seems like a solid long term play here with 100's and 100's of millions of future revenues for years and years. Will probably kick off the first USA Rizin event with a bout between himself and Pacquiano. No coincidence that a few months ago when the video of them "coincidentally" meeting at an event in Tokyo went viral was when FLoyd was there to actually make the business deal to buy into RIZIN.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2018/09/15/1851831/mayweather-meets-pacquiao-tokyo-says-rematch-coming

3 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

I was perplexed at this move by Money Mayweather as I saw no upside potential for his legacy, nor the match generating the PPV gate to provide Floyd the type of paydays he expects......but after talking to a sportswriter mate of mine based in Tokyo last night it now all makes sense. The dude is genius!

Hidden in all the hoopla is a little tidbit that Floyd has also invested and purchased nearly 50% of the shares in the RIZIN recently

http://www.rizinff.com/en/

So this New Years Eve match in Tokyo is not about the money of that match. It is Floyds way of putting RIZIN on the map of International Audience, not just the Japanese audience that knows it. Floyds plan is to than bring RIZIN to the USA, modify some of the rules to make it more UFC style than straight kick boxing, and compete with UFC for market share. 

Maybe old Money Mayweather is actually a lot more intelligent than given credit for. Seems like a solid long term play here with 100's and 100's of millions of future revenues for years and years. Will probably kick off the first USA Rizin event with a bout between himself and Pacquiano. No coincidence that a few months ago when the video of them "coincidentally" meeting at an event in Tokyo went viral was when FLoyd was there to actually make the business deal to buy into RIZIN.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2018/09/15/1851831/mayweather-meets-pacquiao-tokyo-says-rematch-coming

I'm sure he's streetsmart and crafty business man but he cant string 2 sentences together let alone write them. 

The way 50 cent rips him a new one daily on Instagram is funny as fcuk. 

As for Rizin competing with UFC, they'd need to get past Bellator first, in which 50 has a stake funny enough, because UFC is on another planet for that matter. They had Pride for years in Japan with some really good fighters like Fedor but they couldn't come close to the UFC. 

Getting people to actually pay money to watch that farce is genius enough. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Esco said:

I'm sure he's streetsmart and crafty business man but he cant string 2 sentences together let alone write them. 

The way 50 cent rips him a new one daily on Instagram is funny as fcuk. 

As for Rizin competing with UFC, they'd need to get past Bellator first, in which 50 has a stake funny enough, because UFC is on another planet for that matter. They had Pride for years in Japan with some really good fighters like Fedor but they couldn't come close to the UFC. 

hmmm...maybe i need to back track......the below sounds like the ultimate foolio potential....