How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Lanzalad

2 weeks and not one cigarette..

Colon problem was a blessing in disguise bud, medics work wonders these days, sounds like you are in good hands, that know their stuff, hope all goes smoothly with your treatment mate, best wishes and good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're a very, very lucky guy. 

As i previously said, someone somewhere has decided your son needs his daddy, hence this being diagnosed early enough to be treated. 

You'll feel so much better in so many ways when this is over, you have been treated and you are smoke free. 

You'll also not need the worry about loosing your hair during chemo 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

There's a few of us heading to Leeds this weekend to visit Lanza and last weekend I thought to myself that I can't be smoking around someone who's just given up for the reasons Phil has posted about above. 

So I've not had a cig since Sunday too and encourage others to give it a go.

Great stuff!

Like anything else, if the person really wants to stop, I mean REALLY REALLY wants to stop, they can do it. Whether that be heroin or tobacco. I know, I've been able to stop both. 

Stay with it, it gets easier, and has so many benefits. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wishing you all the best with your treatment Phil, our thoughts will be with you over the coming months.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Really pleased your getting the treatment started and as above, thank god for that problem with your colon. Stay safe and I hope Mrs Lanza is coping, in what will be a very emotional time for her anyway. Not that you'll need a purpose but having your child will give you a mental boost and I'm a firm believer that the mental state can positively impact on the physical state.  

Also, well done TA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Those CT scans can be a real life-saver. As a smoker, I make sure I get one every year. Good luck to you, sounds like they caught it early enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure it's been a hell of a time for you mate. An emotional rollercoaster with the Bambino on the way as well. We will have a good drink up, bite to eat and a laugh on Saturday. Take your mind off things. Going forward make sure to look after yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well done mate .... if anyone reaches for a ciggie i've offered to accidentally knock a pint of Stella over their packet !!!!

No vaping either ....... whatever that is ??....  someone is smiling down on you from above and you will be fine !!!

Will have a chat the weekend .......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Wish I could be there to support you mate.  Stay strong, keep your family and friends close, and walk the path set out for you.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keep the story of your health issue in the back pocket for your son and tell him about it when he is much older, preferably when he is 18 or more!

You know I have positive thoughts coming your way including this weekend, be great to see you and buy you an 'orange juice'. 

Do everything the doctors tell you although I am sure Puang will be knocking you on the head if you via off course mate; you are going to have a brilliant family life, you will love it, I just know it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wish you the best possible. 

Maybe smokers will think twice, when reading. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Good stuff, inspiration for others like myself, who are smokers.  I hope all of your treatment goes well. 

Come on mate have a go at kicking the habit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'll never be one to preach about smoking as i really enjoyed drinking and smoking .. having a meal then a few cigs.. 

One of the hardest ones is my morning cuppa and a cig

I was one of them yeah yeah here we go again.. someone telling me how bad it is for me and it will kill me. i've heard it over a thousand times.

I have tried many times and its been pressure from work or some other reason on why not to stop smoking.

But when you sit in that room and you get told " this is not your doctor telling you, smoking is no good for you and you need to stop" and the tone has changed and you are told "you will die very soon if you continue and don't come back if you continue to smoke as its pointless."

It kind makes you feel sinks inside... and the stopping smoking comes easy.

I'm kind of ok with it and I chatted to my brother over it.. but the hard bit is Puang and the baby... if I can just stop for them and the babies future.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Farnkin hell im sitting here with my wake me up caffine and nicoteene hit reading this 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickrock said:

Farnkin hell im sitting here with my wake me up caffine and nicoteene hit reading this 

At least your not having to read every thread mate.. lol

• Haha 3

Yes i used to allow a hour of my wake up / get ready for work time every morning to read each thread , so i could come home and be told i was a I'm Gay and needed to get the bash

• Haha 3

I've been using the 'vape thing' lately, cut down from like 30 a day to 4 or 5 a day in just a few weeks.

Trying to get the woman onto the vape as well.

Good luck with the treatments. Maybe I will go and order some tests on my lungs, arteries, brain, etc... just in case.

Edited by joker
  • Like 2

Good luck Lanzalad I have stopped now for quite a while and just had chest X-ray and MRI. Thank heavens all clear, but still chewing the gum, but that’s reduced to much smaller amounts now. 

Breathing a lot easier and getting better all the time. I know how you feel about being a father, I look at my little son and think I’m gonna do it for you and your mum.

I got turned down for a major spine operation last month, due to heart problems, but I can live with that.

Best of luck with the treatment.

👍🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

I'll never be one to preach about smoking as i really enjoyed drinking and smoking .. having a meal then a few cigs.. 

To hell with that. I intend to enjoy  being as preachy and smug as possible 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phil, I wish you all the best my friend and I'm sure you will be fine after treatment. Smoking's a terrible thing Phil, It's helped kill about 50% of my family. Heart disease, throat cancer you name it. You're getting a second chance, take the advice and we'll come down just after new year when She can get some time off.  

• Like 3

Best of luck with everything. Very eye-opening post. I quit 3 years ago thanks to vaping. Funny thing is I quit for the $$ at first and was happy with the $7,000 dollars I was saving a year on cigs. The health reasons are a much more of an added bonus now 3 years in. Vaping only costs me about 200 bucks a year give or take. I wanna give that up too, but it's a work in progress. 

Kudos on the will power with no crutches. Commendable Lanza! 

• Like 2