How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Binlid

Boracay Re-opens

This guy has put together quite an interesting video about the changes that have taken place and are still taking place on Boracay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0AsIl2bZ0

Edited by Binlid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Must be a bit of a push on to promote it. Was reading only yesterday how good it is for scuba diving. 

It is starting to look again like the Boracay I first visited in the '90s.  It was so peaceful, great beaches, great restaurants and no party traffic or Chinese. Maybe worth going back.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, Horizondave said:

It is starting to look again like the Boracay I first visited in the '90s.  It was so peaceful, great beaches, great restaurants and no party traffic or Chinese. Maybe worth going back.

Girl I know opened a hotel with her Dad there in early 2000's, she says it's unrecognisable now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Without doubt Thailand needs to take some drastic action like undertaken in Boracay to salvage the eco systems and natural beauty of some of the greatest beaches in the world. 

Guess the closure of Maya Bay is a step in right direction. I imagine just as in the PI, the biggest challenge will be sustaining and following the new standards once a clean up is complete. Be hard pressed to believe the old corruption Island mafiaso groups will abide. Hope I am wrong as it truly is tragic to see some of mother nature's finest work being destroyed by the greed of mankind.

40 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Thanks for the Vid Binlid...very useful

Agree...thanks Binlid......one of the better and more informative "tour blog" videos I have ever seen. 

i ll be back there next month .

i hope the video and its message are true because to me it had turned in to a complete shithole of a place .

19 minutes ago, Dr Who said:

i ll be back there next month .

i hope the video and its message are true because to me it had turned in to a complete shithole of a place .

Will be quite interesting to get a before and after report from a boots on the ground guy like yourself.

9 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

Will be quite interesting to get a before and after report from a boots on the ground guy like yourself.

well quite frankly , before they closed it , it was dirty , over run by people and basically falling down .

a beauty destroyed .

im hoping the new boracay will be different .

5 minutes ago, Dr Who said:

well quite frankly , before they closed it , it was dirty , over run by people and basically falling down .

a beauty destroyed .

im hoping the new boracay will be different .

First time I was there was in 1996 and it was heaven on earth. Last time I was there was in 2011 and it was already a sewer by that point. I can only imagine how bad it got in the next 6 plus years before they closed it down.

13 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

First time I was there was in 1996 and it was heaven on earth. Last time I was there was in 2011 and it was already a sewer by that point. I can only imagine how bad it got in the next 6 plus years before they closed it down.

got to the point were you basically couldnt see the beach for chinese .

the water was dirty and full of sewage .

Sign in to follow this