Golf

Archie43

Can any of you golf fans who live in Thailand and have Truevisions golf channel 675 help me out with any info ? I've always watched this channel showing the European PGA competitions but as of this season they don't appear to be being televised on Truevisions anymore. I've tried their website for info but alas there is'nt any, i wonder if they've just ceased having a contract to show anymore.
I am managing to view on my Android box through Skysports Golf but the pic quality is nowhere near as good as TV HD.  

The European tour have sold all International streaming rights outside of UK and USA to Golf TV (note: not Golf Channel)
This deal includes the next two Ryder Cups
The Thailand region deal started at the Abu Dhabi this year.
Golf TV is owned by Discovery Channel
Golf TV is about 1,500฿ a year and includes a lot of PGA tour coverage as well. It’s actually quite good. I have it on in the bar.
Your only trouble may be getting it on your tv. If you have a new TrueID box you can cast it to that from a smartphone. Or you can watch on a computer.
It is a good service. Perfect picture.
  • Great Info 1

18 hours ago, misteregg said:

The European tour have sold all International streaming rights outside of UK and USA to Golf TV (note: not Golf Channel)
This deal includes the next two Ryder Cups
The Thailand region deal started at the Abu Dhabi this year.
Golf TV is owned by Discovery Channel
Golf TV is about 1,500฿ a year and includes a lot of PGA tour coverage as well. It’s actually quite good. I have it on in the bar.
Your only trouble may be getting it on your tv. If you have a new TrueID box you can cast it to that from a smartphone. Or you can watch on a computer.
It is a good service. Perfect picture.

Thanks for the info Phil, looks like i'm stuffed then with Truevisions Golf Channel. It never ceases to amaze me that TV is becoming an ever diminishing service but the price never goes down !!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Phil, looks like i'm stuffed then with Truevisions Golf Channel. It never ceases to amaze me that TV is becoming an ever diminishing service but the price never goes down !!!

Cliff, get a TrueID box, very cheap alternative to the cable box and you can subscribe to Golf TV. Cheap and great service. No annoying ads.
Go to a True shop to get the details mate.
  • Great Info 1

17 hours ago, misteregg said:

Cliff, get a TrueID box, very cheap alternative to the cable box and you can subscribe to Golf TV. Cheap and great service. No annoying ads.
Go to a True shop to get the details mate.

I'm using a dish not cable, but what do i know lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know to win a tournament you have toplay well for 72 holes, but I just saw something amazing at the the WGC Mexico.

Van Rooyen from SA, just hit it 5 feet on a 380 yard par 4 and eagled.

He is 8 under( yes eight) just on holes 1&2, through Saturday. I know the elevation takes 20% off the distance, but still.....have never heard such a great run on a pair of Par 4’s. 

Anyway, go Rory, if not the South African will do. Anybody but the gazelle Dechambeau or Sand Castle Reed

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 9:15 PM, Skalliwag said:

Who’s the lispy f**k nut interviewing him.Jesus.

Thanks a lot for posting this, heard his comments but didn’t know there was video. So happy to hear a big name speak out on this shit, why must they always be complete “gentlemen” and stay quiet. It should not be controversial to tell the f—king truth, no? The thing is, these players are so good, we amateurs have no idea how good, but one or two instances like this, to gain an advantage of maybe a stroke or 2, will tarnish your reputation forever.

I remember the 2018 US Open and the comments on Secrets about Phil hitting the moving ball. Many boardies were up in arms and called him a “cheating Yank” and so on. For me, I love Phil, not so much his golf game but the rest, he’s great with the fans, will tip the valet a 1000 bucks, etc...And he was frustrated and took advantage of the rules, 2 strokes for a moving ball. No way would I lose respect for a lovable guy who’s been at the top of the sport for 30 years, over one act of frustration.

But Reed....Christ the guy is already maybe the most hated guy in PGA history, and in front of the cameras in a field of 20 players....you take sand castles before a shot. Unreal. And Koepka is saying it’s happens much more than we think, probably Thursday/Friday when guys know there’s little chance they’re on camera. 

Scary stuff, but I’m so happy he spoke up

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Gutted for Fleetwood ..... 

Best tournament I’ve seen in a while, so much drama. My boy Hughes made the cut on the number and had his chances, but two 66’s on the weekend on that tough track.....good golf. Plus he moved from 223 in Fedex Cup to keeping his job. Tommy didn’t need eagle, no idea why he doesn’t favour short & left.

Isn’t it sweet to see a tournament where they don’t shoot 25 under? I think so

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Golfingboy said:

Best tournament I’ve seen in a while, so much drama. My boy Hughes made the cut on the number and had his chances, but two 66’s on the weekend on that tough track.....good golf. Plus he moved from 223 in Fedex Cup to keeping his job. Tommy didn’t need eagle, no idea why he doesn’t favour short & left.

Isn’t it sweet to see a tournament where they don’t shoot 25 under? I think so

I had Westwood and Woodland , money back on both , so pretty happy ... but would have loved to see Fleetwood do it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

New dates for the Majors ....

The Open - Cancelled
PGA Championship - August 3-9
U.S. Open - September 14-20
The Masters - November 9-15

Hope they’re right and we can salvage something. Never knew until a few years back Augusta is a winter club, and shuts down in May because of the heat

• Like 1