Golf

Archie43

Woke up early, was surprised to see the golf was already on. It’s 10 am in NY, but I’m seeing lots of sweaters. Very different weather than Fathers Day weekend in June. I just saw a guy hit a full on driver, Merritt I think......carry was 248. Makes me feel better seeing more realistic numbers. 

Anyway, course is playing very tough, all I am seeing is bogeys & doubles. Should be an interesting day

Edited by Golfingboy

Wolff in at -5, let’s see how many he will be leading by when everyone’s done. I had to rewind his drive on 18, that was one of the luckiest bounces I’ve seen in a major. 4th hop, ball is going into the cabbage, and hops out 2 feet left to the first cut. Defies all logic. Then he makes birdie, if he’s in the hay, he probably makes 5 with the swales around that pin. 
Was good to see Rory move way up, should be in 3rd to last group, and hopefully apply some pressure tomorrow 

• Thumbs Up 2

Bad bogey from Bryson on 18, didn’t hit driver and still ended up in the rough. And everyone is forgetting the 3 footer he missed on 12, I thought it was a tap-in and had to use the PVR to see what happened. 

Wolff shot 30 on front 9, Casey had 30 on the back....Patrick Reed shot 43 on the back. Unreal, about 3 hours ago I would have bet on him to win this thing. 

Will be an exciting Sunday, go Rory

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watching a show on Golf Channel, talking about Tiger revamping his swing in 1998-2000. I never saw this part before though.....The week before the 2000 US Open, he went to Vegas to see Butch Harmon at home. Butch went out with him to play, Tiger shot 64.....in 35mph winds! 
So this being Las Vegas, Butch, surely knowing Tiger couldn’t be touched in his present form, placed some bets on him, along with a few “trusted friends”

Butch stated “ well, let’s just say it was a profitable week”

No rules against this, it’s not the stock market, and he still had to beat 155 other professionals. But I don’t know, was just surprising to hear Butch admit to this....I thought you’d keep that to yourself....still sounds like insider trading to me

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Masters starts on Thursday 🙂 

had a few bets on Wolff , Hatton and Bubba but Xander is my favourite to take the green jacket 

Remember you backing Wolfie previously- has he done you a good turn or worried he'll win it when you leave him out?

Myself having giving up betting on golf, I've done a few as entertainment options are limited at present.

All small stakes  ew McIlroy, Hatton and Bubba the main ones (placed this morning, doubt this is great minds thinking alike🙃).  Minuscule win bets on Fitzpatrick and Kuchar at huge prices.

12 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Remember you backing Wolfie previously- has he done you a good turn or worried he'll win it when you leave him out?

Myself having giving up betting on golf, I've done a few as entertainment options are limited at present.

All small stakes  ew McIlroy, Hatton and Bubba the main ones (placed this morning, doubt this is great minds thinking alike🙃).  Minuscule win bets on Fitzpatrick and Kuchar at huge prices.

He's had two T2 recently, including the US Open , unfortunately I didn't have him either time  😞 hopefully he'll go one better this time 

• Thumbs Up 1

So there’s only a 10% chance Bryson will be packing the 48” driver, but he will still be the longest hitter in the field by far. I never liked him, but I can’t hate on what he’s doing like Fitzpatrick and other pros are. He’s broken no rules, and takes effort to gain 50 pounds of muscle, while trying to gain speed, all while not breaking your back doing so. And he still has to chip and putt well.

After Sergio’s WD, the field is down to what, 93? Take out the 5 amateurs and past champions who are “older”, and it’s more like 75 who have a shot.
I like Bryson, Koepka, or Rory for the Grand Slam

Also hoping the 4 Canucks do well, Mike Weir has had a resurgence on the Champions Tour at 50, hope he makes the cut