Golf

Archie43

Very bad miss IMO by DJ, but genius putt through the grass to make par and finish 16 under. With Rahm’s bogey, I think he will play with Rory tomorrow...if they are in twosomes. You would think the Masters precedes everything, but there is an NFL game at 4 pm local time that CBS is committed to, so golf should be over before. So I think it will be 2somes but on split tees, maybe if they start at 7 am everyone could tee off #1. 

I am very impressed with Cam Smith. But unless DJ self destructs like Pebble Beach in 2010, don’t see any of the guys at -12 making a huge push to victory

9 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Very bad miss IMO by DJ, but genius putt through the grass to make par and finish 16 under. With Rahm’s bogey, I think he will play with Rory tomorrow...if they are in twosomes. You would think the Masters precedes everything, but there is an NFL game at 4 pm local time that CBS is committed to, so golf should be over before. So I think it will be 2somes but on split tees, maybe if they start at 7 am everyone could tee off #1. 

I am very impressed with Cam Smith. But unless DJ self destructs like Pebble Beach in 2010, don’t see any of the guys at -12 making a huge push to victory

Think it's threesomes again 

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think it's threesomes again 

Yup, threesomes and off split tees. I guess CBS was really concerned about the golf being over well before the football, damn does money ever speak loudest! I’m surprised that it’s 3somes, split tees, AND first groups off at 7:50 AM. Another early morning for me.....

Congrats to DJ, the guy made 2 straight bogeys on 3&4, then played so solid the rest of the way. Not being picky, but he broke the record by 2 shots and made it look way too easy....with a 13 hole stretch of +2 in the 2nd round. Like Tiger in ‘97, people forget he shot 40 on his first 9, and -22 the final 63 holes. DJ was that good Just saw the presentation ceremony, he admitted he was nervous all day....nice to see he’s human. And to share it with his bro as his caddie, man that’s cool. He’s bawling now in his interview, never seen him so emotional

Happy Conners finished T9, guaranteeing his spot for 2021. Sungjae Im has to have the most consistent ball flight I’ve seen, just a tiny fade and splits the middle every time. He will win lots on Tour. 

• 1 month later...

Boy are they making a big deal about Tiger’s boy playing in the father/son. Yes he’s got a phenomenal swing, but he’s still only 11! Let him grow a bit, increase his drives, and be successful in junior ranks before heaping all this praise. 

Now Little John Daly, that kid will be on Tour one day.....he can play

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, Skalliwag said:

JT is a faggot Apperently.👍👍👍👍

Ralph Lauren just cut ties with him. Not a JT fan, but I feel for him, this is ridiculous. 

Anyway, 🇨🇦 Nick Taylor leading by a couple going into the weekend in Hawaii. 

25 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Ralph Lauren just cut ties with him. Not a JT fan, but I feel for him, this is ridiculous. 

Anyway, 🇨🇦 Nick Taylor leading by a couple going into the weekend in Hawaii. 

Odd that a young guy would use the word faggott.Obvioulsy it’s thrown around within his circle of mates so often,he just blurted it out.I mean,in my regular four all,I’m a fag if I leave it short.😁

Oh well,he will find another clothing line to wear I’m sure.
good on Nick.Played a couple of holes with him at Bear Mountain a few years back.Nice guy.

he was on the par three as a beat the pro,and he stiffed it.

He asked us to put his ball off to the side of the green as we left.

there were a dozen or so new Taylormades there from previous groups.I picked up a handful,yelled back at him and put them in my bag.

Later at dinner he come over to me and said “hey,you’re the fucker that stole my balls”

I said “your balls?Im the fucker that just paid $499 for a new M1.They are my balls”.😁😁😁

He signed my hat we had a beer.Good guy.Hits it real good.

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Great Info 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, Golfingboy said:

Anxious for the next 2 Sunday nights......long awaited special is airing in 2 parts in HBO. Hope it’s good and doesn’t pull any punches 

48913EB3-03EE-4DA3-8612-DE232C15972F.jpeg

Part 1 far exceeded my expectations. Loved the HS girl freinds home videos really showing another side of the younger Tiger. And, I always assumed Mom Tida a typical passive agressive Thai and had no idea she morphed into a full blown in your face, in your face kind of Tiger Mom after some years in So. California. (and the term Tiger Mom has nothing do do with her son's name.)

Really looking forward to part 2. 

34 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Part 1 far exceeded my expectations. Loved the HS girl freinds home videos really showing another side of the younger Tiger. And, I always assumed Mom Tida a typical passive agressive Thai and had no idea she morphed into a full blown in your face, in your face kind of Tiger Mom after some years in So. California. (and the term Tiger Mom has nothing do do with her son's name.)

Really looking forward to part 2. 

I think Part 2 will be juicier in terms of the cheating scandal. But I was shocked at the GF’s story too - breaking up with your sweetheart, (who I assume lived in the same neighborhood)by letter, because the parents thought she was a bad influence. 

Let’s not forget Dad and the club pro getting young ladies drunk and banging them in the Winnebago, in the golf course parking lot. Just wow

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Let’s not forget Dad and the club pro getting young ladies drunk and banging them in the Winnebago, in the golf course parking lot. Just wow

I watched Part 1 and thought the family friend Navy Course Club Pro  who relayed the story was "worried" Tiger would be offended when he saw his Dad getting "outed" publicly even though his philanering ways were well known previously. And than I watched a second time and I picked up another message from the family friend. I think we are going to find out in part 2, no it is more. I think we will find out in part 2 Tiger actually lost his virginity in that Winebago as a deluded "right of passage" hosted by Dad and his mate. 

9 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

You guys should,listen to the Howard Stern interview of Tigers “girlfriends”.He had some fun.

I found another one with John Daly from 2006, was very good. Old John was surprised Howard let him smoke on set, well you didn’t need to tell him twice

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

You guys should,listen to the Howard Stern interview of Tigers “girlfriends”.He had some fun.

Another thing I find amazing is the racial makeup of his mistresses. Here we are on a Thailand board, pretty much 100% of the members prefer Asian ladies, many are married to Thai girls. Yet here we had Tiger, part Black, part Thai, all the money in the world, and it seems he banged nothing but white girls. And some were not pretty.....like the Perkins waitress....SMH