Golf

Archie43

Love watching it ... last time I tried to play ( 25 years ago )  I ended up discolating my kneecap and tearing my ACL ... on the driving range ... first ball ... another 99 left in the bucket as they carted me off in an ambulance 🙂 will have to try again some day 

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Love watching it ... last time I tried to play ( 25 years ago )  I ended up discolating my kneecap and tearing my ACL ... on the driving range ... first ball ... another 99 left in the bucket as they carted me off in an ambulance 🙂 will have to try again some day 

Christ that sounds painful! Great exercise, great social game and great scenery. A good course puts you in a great mood

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I probably wouldn't mate if I was you LOL

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Archie43 said:

Christ that sounds painful! Great exercise, great social game and great scenery. A good course puts you in a great mood

I have been playing on and off for around 20 years now. Was suppost to play this week but the weather has been shite.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Padraig Harrington will captain Europe when they defend the Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in the US in 2020.

The Irishman, 47, was a vice-captain when Europe won the trophy back under the leadership of Thomas Bjorn in France in September.

Harrington played in six successive Ryder Cups from 1999 and was on the winning team on four occasions.

"I've won three majors in my career but taking the Ryder Cup captaincy is a different level," he said.

"I want to find an edge to get the players to perform to best of their abilities and hopefully get a win.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/46788433

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2018 at 1:23 AM, Archie43 said:

A horrible day on the golf course beats a terrific day in the office 100% of the time.

One of golf's gifts to the world is if you play enough you can really pick up a lot of nuances as to what kind of person it is who you are playing with. A gentleman's game based on honor with much room for skullduggery for those inclined. 

Probably why a ton of high level business deals are conducted on a golf course. No better way to find out the ethical nature of someone you are considering doing business with than a few rounds on the links!

14 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I’m going to the Masters in April (to spectate)

With all due respect to St Andrews, Carnoustie, and the like....Augusta is the Mecca.

TV, does no justice to it. I guarantee when you see it live and in person you will not argue with this perspective.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Any tips for the Masters ... 

i've gone for Casey , Fleetwood , Pepperell and Fowler  - Paddypower paying top 10

I’m in a pool where you aren’t allowed to pick some big names.

Am printing out the tee sheet today and will go over it.

I have to pick some guys because my friends Caddie for them

Ig hasn’t helped me in the past...fuckers.

Love that Connors won yesterday in Texas.Good old Canadian boy,done good.

Hes  exempt  now till end of 2021,and in the Masters.

I gotta pick him..yep.

38D6B052-DC37-41F2-8699-4C6B38D12523.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I gotta pick him..yep.

We used to do similar at work , top 10 were unavailable 

Had to cancel my Masters trip at the last minute due to illness. Bad news. Next year.

DeChambeau will try to follow in the footsteps of Willet, Garcia and Watson in winning the Dubai Dessert Classic and Masters in the same year.
The form players are Molinari, Kuchar and Rory.
I’m going for DeChambeau

11 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Had to cancel my Masters trip at the last minute due to illness. Bad news. Next year.

DeChambeau will try to follow in the footsteps of Willet, Garcia and Watson in winning the Dubai Dessert Classic and Masters in the same year.
I’m going for DeChambeau

Sorry to hear you can't make your trip.

Fascinating selection, love a good form line/trend, 33s in a place, generally 25s, so juicy price too 👍

29 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I’m going for DeChambeau

That’s too bad. What’s really shameful is how it’s $2,000+ to watch a round of golf, those people who got badges 40 years ago are really laughing. But hey, supply and demand, people are paying it. 

I got to see Tiger up close for maybe 9 holes at 2008 Match Play final In Tucson. Was pretty cool, tickets were a gift last minute from my bartender. 

As amazing as Augusta is, I fail to see why the other majors & Players are no more than $100 to watch, but Masters is $2k. Would rather spend that on NFL, NHL, Grand Prix, or multiple rounds of golf

• Like 1

Have lifted the following from The Punter a.k.a Steve Rawlings on the bfair site, suggests not an event to be put off backing a longshot

Last 12 Winners

2018 - Patrick Reed -15 Pre-event price 70/1
2017 - Sergio Garcia -9 (playoff) Pre-event price 50/1
2016 - Danny Willett -5 Pre-event price 66/1
2015 - Jordan Spieth -18 Pre-event price 12/1
2014 - Bubba Watson -8 Pre-event price 28/1
2013 - Adam Scott -9 (playoff) Pre-event price 28/1
2012 - Bubba Watson -10 (playoff) Pre-event price 55/1
2011 - Charl Schwartzel -14 Pre-event price 90/1
2010 - Phil Mickelson -16 Pre-event price 10/1
2009 - Angel Cabrera -12 (playoff) Pre-event price 150/1
2008 - Trevor Immelman -8 Pre-event price 150/1
2007 - Zach Johnson +1 Pre-event price 200/1

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 12:07 AM, Skalliwag said:

I gotta pick him..yep.

Dustin Johnson and Jordan Speith have to be considered as good picks.