Golf

Archie43

Just now, Lemondropkid said:

PGA tour website leaderboard seem to be a hole behind- very poor. Am watching live but it's annoying as I'd like to know how some outside of the top 10 are doing.

Tournament is run by Ryder Cup people. Just go to pga.com, they are within a minute

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, misteregg said:

If he loses now it will be the choke of the century.

Aside from the record breaking score, I thought the most incredible thing was how unfazed he was by playing with Tiger and the vast crowds following their 3 ball, 99% of whom would have been hoping he was going to screw up and a few New Yorkers telling him so.

He just seemed totally oblivious to it.

It would take the weather turning to stop him.  I laid off part of my punt to get my stake back at odds on yesterday, cause I've seen so many weird things happening in sport- just can't his temper letting him down.

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

Was thinking back to 2009 PGA.
At the halfway stage Y. E. Yang was 6 shots behind Tiger.
He won by three shots.

That’s one final round I regret not seeing live. I was in Chiang Mai so I’m sure the times were reversed with USA, final round probably was from 2-6 am or so. Yang played the round of his life IMO. And Tiger had lost by one to Beem 7 years earlier on the same course, birdied the last 4 but had bogeyed 14, which Yang eagled in 2009. It’s also in 2002 where he hit his best shot IMO, a hooked 3 iron from awful stance in sand, over trees with 25 mph crosswind to 15 feet...and he sank it for birdie

• Like 1

I’m still amazed Koepka beat Tiger by 17 shots in 2 days. This is the Tiger who just won the Masters, not the one who needed ten surgeries and was struggling with swing coaches. I still say Tiger didn’t play that awful, lots of drives missed the short grass by 4 or 5 yards and force a pitch out. His lag putting was poor as well. 

Brooks is dominating because of his driver, simple. He won’t always find the fairway, but when he hits in the long rough, he can thrash a 9 iron 160 and reach the surface. The other guys miss and have 190+ yards left, have no choice but to pitch out. You can’t hit a 5 iron full distance from that cabbage

Not much going on today so far, nobody made a move. If the course is indeed playing faster & tougher, I wonder if that gives more hope to the pursuers. Jazz from Thailand is now T-4, young man has some game

Whoa....Koepka missed a 6 footer....he’s human