Golf

Archie43

Rose about to play his second shot on the 18th.

Birdie puts him in the lead on his own.

Bunker shot ran on a bit.

fingers crossed.

Y E S !!!!!!!

- 6 for a 65 and leading the US Open'

Edited by Jambo

Me, the fat golfer whose lifetime best is 76, wont question the great Tiger Woods’ judgement but.....Spieth lands his 3rd to the par five 15 feet away, it trickles a bit then rolls 20 yards back down the fairway. Tiger hits next, lands it 8 feet away, looks like a great shot but it rolls a yard behind Spieth’s. You would think he learned from his partner ‘s shot

Anyway, enjoying these early groupings. The big names are looking great

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Rose with an absolute peach from the bunker on 18 to reach -8 at the turn and lead by 3

Kuchar just made a double, looks like his caddie will take home EVEN LESS now

I caddied 17 holes for an American female pro golfer on a tour event taking place at the Belfrey.

You did not have to pay in those days and I only called in to have my lunch and maybe watch an hour of the golf.

She was on the first green when her caddie had a fit and started thrashing about on the ground. Being a very sympathetic golfer she shouted out

"Well who the  (@3@#) is going to caddie for me now?

She then walked straight up to me and smiled and said "Will you caddie for me?"

She was being sponsored by some cosmetic company and looked a lot like "FarahwhatsipMajor"

So in my suit ( minus jacket) I carried her bag for 17 holes and had interesting excusions with her into the rough and trees round the course.

My pay?

She said thanks and gave me her golf ball as she stomped off to register her 78. 😛

49 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I caddied 17 holes for an American female pro golfer on a tour event taking place at the Belfrey.

You did not have to pay in those days and I only called in to have my lunch and maybe watch an hour of the golf.

She was on the first green when her caddie had a fit and started thrashing about on the ground. Being a very sympathetic golfer she shouted out

"Well who the  (@3@#) is going to caddie for me now?

She then walked straight up to me and smiled and said "Will you caddie for me?"

She was being sponsored by some cosmetic company and looked a lot like "FarahwhatsipMajor"

So in my suit ( minus jacket) I carried her bag for 17 holes and had interesting excusions with her into the rough and trees round the course.

My pay?

She said thanks and gave me her golf ball as she stomped off to register her 78. 😛

Wow what a story Dan. The Belfry has hosted a couple Ryder Cups, no? Lucky you, but c—t could have slipped you a £20 at least

Woodland in the lead, well he won’t be after Sunday IMO. Rory has played shit on the par 5’s yet is only 3 back. Tiger is a long shot now unless he has a 64 or similar tomorrow. Rose, Rory, or the sweetest swing Louie O. that’s my 3

who would of ever thought the complaint at a US Open would be some greens not playing fast enough......thought hell would of frozen over before I ever heard that complaint....the technology available to modern greenskeepers is absolutely unreal on how fast they can change how a course plays...will be interesting to see if they over react to the complaints and we see the fastest greens in history come Sunday.

Tiger far from out of it! Should be an interesting final two rounds. 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

So many that could come through ... wouldn't discount any of the guys at -2 and better 

Hope not....I say -4 will win the tournament and that is an unusually low score for a US Open course set up.....

If you’ve never been to Pebble,you have no idea how small the greens are,how much slope is on them and how difficult the rest of the golf course is.

If they run the greens at US Open speed it would be f***d up.

its fucking really hard.

1’s green is quite sloped from back to front.

Hole 2 is a par 5,but they push the tee way back,and play it as a par 4.

the tee is about the size of a table tennis table.

Hole 3 tee shot across the road is blind.Its fucking brutal.

We were standing on hole 4 when DUSTIN Johnson hit 4 iron onto the green,The gap between the bunkers in front is tiny.

Par 5,14th Green is so fucking small up top,I couldn’t hold it down wind from 80 yards,it went 3 yards off the back.

Played it four times now and it’s one the hardest I’ve seen.

It looks like 18 has lots of room out there,but you really don’t.

the tee is tucked away back in the left,you have to start it out over the rocks.

Lovely golf course and of course,tremendous service.

Might pop back down at Christmas with Mama and the lad in Thailand.

Edited by Skalliwag

58 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Still hoping Scott and Schauffele came come back .. at least into the top 10 anyway 😉 

Schuaffle just double bogey the first. Meanwhile Sky are showing players in the practice area. Kiradech in the bunker, just had to check as was sure he missed the cut. Very poor from Sky

15 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Schuaffle just double bogey the first. Meanwhile Sky are showing players in the practice area. Kiradech in the bunker, just had to check as was sure he missed the cut. Very poor from Sky

Think it's about the coverage they are allowed to show ... when they go back to the studio or do other stuff , it's usually because of the access they currently have , sometimes coverage can be split between a couple of US broadcasters 

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think it's about the coverage they are allowed to show ... when they go back to the studio or do other stuff , it's usually because of the access they currently have , sometimes coverage can be split between a couple of US broadcasters 

OK was wondering if that was the case. I've only really watched the featured groups so far, which is pretty uninterrupted.