Golf

Archie43

Christ I just woke up and saw some highlights. Rory OB with an iron at the 1st, I can’t believe it. At least he’s clawed back 2 shots in the last 3 holes. Looks to be an interesting day, I’m seeing lots of birdies but lots of doubles as well

Dont forget about Fritelli, he’s obviously riding a hot streak

Sergio in with 68, happy to see him playing well

Edited by Golfingboy

Poor Rory...he righted the ship but 16 & 18 got him. 79, +8, he needs a miracle just to make the cut

Ugly drive on 1 for Tiger, but gets up and down from 55 yards in the bunker 20 feet below the green....very impressive. Drives into a pot at the 2nd, lucky it’s a par 5

Lowry is really playing well, 6 birdies in first ten holes. Really stacked leaderboard, too many big names and way too early to have a favourite. Never really liked Westwood, but it would be a great story for him to finally get a major at 46. Spieth could surprise us, he’s been playing awful lately by his standards. Would love to see Fleetwood win his 1st as well. Rahm and Garcia are up there as well.

Like I said, way too early and who knows what the weather will do on the weekend

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Shame he's out- the way the home crowd got behind him today was amazing. 

And Tiger out too

If he didnt perform then better he is out. Hopefully he will learn from it and come back stronger. 

Rory made a 65 look very easy today, he had a bogey, left a few putts near the lip, and I saw him go in a bunker from 85 yards in the fairway. When he drives it well, he’s tough to beat. 370 downwind on 12, but I was more impressed by 328 into the breeze, in cold weather on another par 4. Amazing he gets that distance from that frame

Shame the difference was the rushed tap in Thursday, if crap weather kicked up, you never know what he could have done over 36 holes

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Rory made a 65 look very easy today, he had a bogey, left a few putts near the lip, and I saw him go in a bunker from 85 yards in the fairway. When he drives it well, he’s tough to beat. 370 downwind on 12, but I was more impressed by 328 into the breeze, in cold weather on another par 4. Amazing he gets that distance from that frame

Shame the difference was the rushed tap in Thursday, if crap weather kicked up, you never know what he could have done over 36 holes

Well he played shite for the first few holes so plenty to work on me thinks.

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

If he didnt perform then better he is out. Hopefully he will learn from it and come back stronger. 

I'd have preferred he got it right this time as I backed him😭😭

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well he played shite for the first few holes so plenty to work on me thinks.

Lot more to it that . This was a once in a lifetime thing for him, the Open coming to Northern Ireland- it came across in his  emotional interview last night how much it had got to him. Such a  massive thing for his home Country, the nerves just got to him on his very first shot.

Think it only hit him afterwards just how much it did mean for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

And they’re all off for Round 3! Tommy birdies the 1st for a share of the lead.

The top 20 is still so stacked, only the Korean Park I haven’t really heard of.

Anyone’s tournament, and I heard some bad weather is blowing in Sunday

Aye, it's gonna be lashing, alright!

They had summer in Northern Ireland already, there was one day last month is was 23 degrees. That's was it for another year ...