Golf

Archie43

Great ruling IMO for Rory on Friday. Thought he picked up a pebble in a bunker, turned out to be just sand. Pleaded with the official, he radioed his boss, finally a 2 stroke penalty. Faldo was incensed, saying there was no way he was trying to improve his lie. Well, the powers that be reversed the ruling after the round. Could prove to be huge both this weekend, and for the whole Fedex Cup. Huge money on the line

• Like 1

Oh my.....DeChambeau took 2:08 to hit an 8 footer. Social media blasted him, as expected. Now he gets upset in front of the media, saying some of it is the caddies fault and he walks very fast, so he’s allowed to take more time over the shot. Is this guy for real? 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Golfingboy said:

Oh my.....DeChambeau took 2:08 to hit an 8 footer. Social media blasted him, as expected. Now he gets upset in front of the media, saying some of it is the caddies fault and he walks very fast, so he’s allowed to take more time over the shot. Is this guy for real? 

I watched it and the interview with him about the issue, he and others guilty of slow play (taking the piss) need to be dealt with.

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

After his win at the weekend 

Very talented guy, probably worth over $25 million already, but that Top 5 comment and his alleged petty crimes in college will follow him forever. Not every PGA pro is a sweetheart, some are nicer than others, but Ive never seen a golfer so unanimously hated by almost everyone. It’s amazing and sad at same time

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’m wondering if the format of giving the leaders strokes at the Tour Championship next week, will be popular. 

At least it will be more transparent, you won't need to depend on the commentary team to tell you who is where , you can just look at the leaderboard .. think it will be good 

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Already liking the new format 🙂 

Yes, I stand corrected sir. Only Day 1 and a 3 way tie already. 

Pulling for Rory, who looks like he will run away with it if he can putt! Also hoping my Canuck Conners gets a nice payday, he moved up to 15th already

5 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Yes, I stand corrected sir. Only Day 1 and a 3 way tie already. 

Pulling for Rory, who looks like he will run away with it if he can putt! Also hoping my Canuck Conners gets a nice payday, he moved up to 15th already

Had a little bet on Matsuyama to get the lowest score over 72 holes , so cheering for him .... but would be happy to see Rory win it 

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Had a little bet on Matsuyama to get the lowest score over 72 holes , so cheering for him .... but would be happy to see Rory win it 

Thomas missed a couple of 3 footers as well, I don’t see him taking it. 

Hey, those 30 guys are all worth a couple $million at least, but even the richer ones have that $15 million on their mind. Hell of a bonus, especially when it’s only $5m for 2nd. One announcer said we will potentially have one putt worth $10m, never been that kind of stakes before

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Lindsey Vonn and PK Subban are engaged. I guess ole Lindsey agrees with most of us BM......white ain’t right

I had to think what the relevance to golf was with a skier and it appears he's an ice hockey player, but I think I got it - Tiger Woods shagged her a while ago?

22 hours ago, KWA said:

Tiger Woods shagged her a while ago?

21 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Yes for 3 years I believe 

With his fame and money he can shag virtually anything but i think he already has, well maybe not wifey she hates blacks coloured, i did say maybe lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak

I’m always a fan of statistics. Watching Morning Drive just now, the hosts pointed out that while Rory had an amazing season and is the best off the tee, he was #181 from 75-100 yards, of which he has many shots because of his long drives. From this distance, he averages a full 8 feet from the hole more than Rickie Fowler. How many more putts does anyone sink, being 8 feet closer to the hole after every wedge shot? Many I think. 

Golf is 18 holes, no two rounds are ever the same, the weather can change in an instant, some days you just get luckier, etc. But to be a former Number 1, and even Top 10 when he plays like crap according to his standards, seeing a stat like this should encourage him to practice overtime on these wedge shots. The numbers don’t lie. I love Rory, but he will never win majors like he used to if he doesn’t score better with short clubs. Everyone knows his driver is a fantastic weapon and sets up the rest of his game, to hit it 320+ with a little draw every time is amazing. But put in the work on an obvious weakness, and don’t improve on your strengths. I think that’s why Tiger had such a good run in the 2000’s. Maybe besides some issues with driving accuracy, he had no weaknesses, was very strong in every area.