Golf

Archie43

On 6/22/2019 at 11:51 PM, Golfingboy said:

Any lookers? 

3 decades ago, one of my ex-wifes tried to join the women's pro circuit, but she soon found out, that they greatly favored Dykes, and she was not welcome.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I've had a small investment on Garcia at a large price (67.0), just following a newspaper tip. He could go well with no crowd to heckle him😀

Always thought he was a huge underachiever. I guess when you finish 2nd to a prime Tiger Woods at 19, it’s hard to improve. With his swing, should have easily had 6 or 7 majors. I was happy to see him get one, at least. 

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just had a look on the sporting life website, so Ben Coley who wrote the above piece you were looking at has tipped 7 players. He's not gone for English but among picking his 7 mentions

"while Harris English is face-smackingly obviously following his resurgence and a small hint of match practice at Sea Island over the weekend.

But in the spirit of speculation, I prefer another Sea Island resident at twice the price with BRIAN HARMAN next."

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/former-champions-worth-chancing/180661

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Got to feel for XS on the 17th ...

And Morikawa on 18.....it was a great tournament IMO, especially being 1st after the layoff. No one got to -16, and many are kicking themselves for being a shot or two out of a win/playoff. 
It must be said as well, these boys didn’t seem too rusty. If they were, watch out

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Not really a golf man, I had to look up Harris English to see who he was. How come he's only 50s? Have you got some inside knowledge here😎

He's had to pull out of this weeks competition, just tested +ve for C19

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2020/06/29/harris-english-withdrawn-rocket-mortgage-classic-coronavirus-covid-19.html

Just hit my first balls in 5 years. The first 20 or so were predictably horrible, all low and topped, being 100 pounds overweight and never flexible makes it worse.

But I just focused on 2 things and the rest of the bucket went much better:

1. Finishing my already short backswing

2. Pulling with the left arm on the downswing

Will try to play 9 or 18 Monday or Tuesday somewhere in the Montreal area, have many nice courses that are ~ 1000 baht midweek. Boy am I glad I hit some balls and didn’t go straight to the course after 5 years. Hoping to break 100, sounds easy for a guy who shot a 76 once, but we must be realistic

A13268BE-DE60-4E8E-9DFF-C4CFFC29DB34.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from my first 9 holes in 5 years. Was a pretty fun time, but I was walking with a trolley, and sadly by hole 5 I was gassed- you all might laugh, but 330 pounds takes its toll on you. I have lost tons of distance from when I was in my 20’s, first hole was 360 yards, and I was short after 3 wood,5 wood. Plus when you play alone, you get tired after a stroll, then it’s always your turn to hit ASAP! 

So I realized how much I miss the game, but I won’t play again until I’m in better shape....sad but true. I take my golf very seriously, and when I hit a 3 wood from tee , on the button, and it only flies 190, that’s very discouraging. 

Course was beautiful, about 50 minutes from DT Montreal. Green fee wasn’t even £10 for 9 holes, great value

https://www.golfcowansville.com/

B9C9936D-D4F7-481E-ACC1-980C5569EBFA.jpeg

• Like 3