Sign in to follow this  
Archie43

Golf

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Very sad. I think it should have gone ahead, spectators or not. Most of the spectators at Ryder Cups are corporate or piss heads anyway. More a football crowd than golf.

I think a nasty few spoil it for the real die hard fans of the game. I started cheering for the Euros in mid 2000’s. There is no excuse for screaming during a player’s swing, or saying things like “suck a dick”. Totally uncalled for, but sadly, even with huge ticket prices, many idiots still get in and get pissed and say these things. Loved the Americans‘ comeback in 1999, but upon reflection, there is no way they should have stormed the green and into Ollie’s putting line

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 4:46 AM, Golfingboy said:

Just hit my first balls in 5 years. The first 20 or so were predictably horrible, all low and topped, being 100 pounds overweight and never flexible makes it worse.

But I just focused on 2 things and the rest of the bucket went much better:

1. Finishing my already short backswing

2. Pulling with the left arm on the downswing

Will try to play 9 or 18 Monday or Tuesday somewhere in the Montreal area, have many nice courses that are ~ 1000 baht midweek. Boy am I glad I hit some balls and didn’t go straight to the course after 5 years. Hoping to break 100, sounds easy for a guy who shot a 76 once, but we must be realistic

A13268BE-DE60-4E8E-9DFF-C4CFFC29DB34.png

You did well, I am yet to get out this year. Maybe next week.

Been getting out once a week here.The weather isnt that great for July,we’ve had a horrendous stretch of rain,not very warm.

Gonna play this Sunday.
Had nice weather at Olympic View,the 17th hole.

D42EDC3F-B4B2-4C8C-9B21-74D6A2C31E98.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just caught up with last night's playoff, brilliant stuff , great win for Morikawa 

Bright future for this kid. 22 made cuts to start his career, only Tiger made more. 2 wins, and I don’t know how many other high finishes, I know he was runner up to Wolff who holed an eagle to beat him on 18. Looks like a robot, I don’t see many issues with a swing like that, when he putts well......watch out! 

31 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Bright future for this kid. 22 made cuts to start his career, only Tiger made more. 2 wins, and I don’t know how many other high finishes, I know he was runner up to Wolff who holed an eagle to beat him on 18. Looks like a robot, I don’t see many issues with a swing like that, when he putts well......watch out! 

Good to see Hovland in 3rd , sure he will be winning again soon 

Edited by Stillearly

17 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Good to see Hovland in 3rd , sure he will be winning again soon 

Yup, another “old man” who always seems to be up there. Unreal how good these kids play at such a young age

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this