Golf

Archie43

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Very sad. I think it should have gone ahead, spectators or not. Most of the spectators at Ryder Cups are corporate or piss heads anyway. More a football crowd than golf.

I think a nasty few spoil it for the real die hard fans of the game. I started cheering for the Euros in mid 2000’s. There is no excuse for screaming during a player’s swing, or saying things like “suck a dick”. Totally uncalled for, but sadly, even with huge ticket prices, many idiots still get in and get pissed and say these things. Loved the Americans‘ comeback in 1999, but upon reflection, there is no way they should have stormed the green and into Ollie’s putting line

• Like 3

On 7/5/2020 at 4:46 AM, Golfingboy said:

Just hit my first balls in 5 years. The first 20 or so were predictably horrible, all low and topped, being 100 pounds overweight and never flexible makes it worse.

But I just focused on 2 things and the rest of the bucket went much better:

1. Finishing my already short backswing

2. Pulling with the left arm on the downswing

Will try to play 9 or 18 Monday or Tuesday somewhere in the Montreal area, have many nice courses that are ~ 1000 baht midweek. Boy am I glad I hit some balls and didn’t go straight to the course after 5 years. Hoping to break 100, sounds easy for a guy who shot a 76 once, but we must be realistic

A13268BE-DE60-4E8E-9DFF-C4CFFC29DB34.png

You did well, I am yet to get out this year. Maybe next week.

Been getting out once a week here.The weather isnt that great for July,we’ve had a horrendous stretch of rain,not very warm.

Gonna play this Sunday.
Had nice weather at Olympic View,the 17th hole.

D42EDC3F-B4B2-4C8C-9B21-74D6A2C31E98.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just caught up with last night's playoff, brilliant stuff , great win for Morikawa 

Bright future for this kid. 22 made cuts to start his career, only Tiger made more. 2 wins, and I don’t know how many other high finishes, I know he was runner up to Wolff who holed an eagle to beat him on 18. Looks like a robot, I don’t see many issues with a swing like that, when he putts well......watch out! 

31 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Bright future for this kid. 22 made cuts to start his career, only Tiger made more. 2 wins, and I don’t know how many other high finishes, I know he was runner up to Wolff who holed an eagle to beat him on 18. Looks like a robot, I don’t see many issues with a swing like that, when he putts well......watch out! 

Good to see Hovland in 3rd , sure he will be winning again soon 

Edited by Stillearly

Was checking the scores before watching the broadcast, Rory was in position to really make a move early. 3 birdies on par 4’s, but +1 on the par 5’s, thru 7 holes. Oh my, when he puts it all together he will be dangerous, and win big again. Still T-14 and 6 shots back

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Anxious for the weekend at the PGA. Rory would have been right there if not for the triple. Hope Tommy breaks through for his first major. It would be really something to see Koepka win 3 straight, as well

Rory asking for a worse lie than one the rules official offered , after a cameraman moved his ball ... wouldn't see Bryson or Kuch Doing that ...

Edited by Stillearly

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Rory asking for a worse lie than one the rules official offered , after a cameraman moved his ball ... wouldn't see Bryson or Kuch Doing that ...

Or Patrick Reed, who seemed to be the name social media picked right away. Very good of Rory

• Like 1

Justin Thomas could have had a really special day, was -5 thru 7. Bogeys 8&9, birdies 10, has still gone from the cut line to T16. Tiger all pars thru 5, that putter change has not worked out too well. 

Long day ahead, leaders don’t tee off for another 4 hours

Have to admit I feel really bad for Li. Cruising along at -9, then drives into a tree and can’t find the ball.....you have to wonder if there were 1000’s of fans allowed there, would he have saved at least a shot by finding it and dropping an unplayable? Anyway, at -5 I don’t see him in  the mix anymore. 
 Koepka just birdied 18 to pull within 2. Champ is driving it beautifully, would love to see him win it. 

What I cannot believe is the weather. It gets cold really quickly in SF, you can tell by the distances the guys hit the ball toward the end of the broadcast

Christ they made the 8th hole play 257 in cool conditions.....not often Justin Thomas hits a wood to a par 3. I suspect most other players will, as well.

Still over an hour until the leaders go off. I think it will come down to the wire, so many guys close to the top. I’d like to see Champ or DJ win, anyone but Dechambeau