Tyson Fury - Deontay Wilder

Krapow

Hard to call this one. 

Ring rust, is Wilder that great of a boxer apart from having the power etc. 

Think if it goes more than 5 rounds I'm going with Fury. Though Wilder has shown he still carries the power later on in fights. 

I like Fury, he's a character, and every sport needs characters. 

He says he's donating all the money he earns in this fight to building houses for the homeless in the UK. He'll earn about 10 million US. Can't argue with that. 

Overall I think it's a good fight for boxing, though I'll watch it on catch up most likely, can't see me staying awake all night bto watch it live. 

What say you?

Edited by Krapow

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Don't like Wilder so will be hoping Fury wins.

As you say,boxing needs character's like Fury,its why i liked guys like Eubank,great entertainer's but also excellent boxers.

Yea, AJ although comes across as a nice guy, he's very bland. 

Like to see Fury win and him and AJ go for it. 

6 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

If Fury is building places for the homeless that's all I need to know, I'm in his camp.

Decent read, Carl Frampton posted it -

https://www.scrapdigest.com/tyson-fury-to-donate-entire-wilder-fight-earnings-to-homeless-people/42900/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=TheMcGregorEra&fbclid=IwAR2RGBbd39J7HzRz_MtFUNE9g9tJ2oSjdUk2GR8ki9l5wJMZMHIGC9zhKx4

Edited by Krapow
  • Thanks 1

I fancy deontay for this fight.

Fury is looking good, but his two comeback fights were against mediocre opposition. If fury had a few more testing fights under his belt I would have fancied him.

Deontay is sharper and apparently is the hardest hitter in boxing. I can see a late stoppage for wilder or a points victory for him.

Hoping Tyson proves me wrong.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

3 or 4am I think.

I'd like to see it, but the days of getting a bag of white powder and few tins to sit up and watch it are well done!

Watch it on Sunday. 

Sounds a cracken night to be fair 😀

• Haha 2

Saw the fight and fought a draw was fair but difficult to see how the scorecards came to that decision in the way they did.
Fury needed to do more than just duck and dive which he did VERY EFFECTIVELY.
Wilder needed to finish off the job he always looked like doing in the 12th.
You can’t knock a man to the floor twice (the first knockdown was more a loss of balance) and loose if you weren’t put on the seat of your pants.
Fury did well but not enough. The British judge had it a draw.

19 minutes ago, misteregg said:

You can’t knock a man to the floor twice (the first knockdown was more a loss of balance) and loose if you weren’t put on the seat of your pants.

Why?.

From the reports i have read Fury should of won on points even allowing for knockdowns.He got fucked over same as Lennox Lewis against Evander Holyfield when that was called a draw.Then it turned out a female judge could not explain a large deposit in her bank account.

As Lennox said after this fight 'It shows how hard it is for a Brit to go to America to take someone's belt'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Of course you can.

Boxing is scored round by round. Those would have been 10-8 rounds, but what if the other boxer won all the other rounds?

Anyway, i'm just about to watch the full fight on utube.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Saw the fight and fought a draw was fair but difficult to see how the scorecards came to that decision in the way they did.
Fury needed to do more than just duck and dive which he did VERY EFFECTIVELY.
Wilder needed to finish off the job he always looked like doing in the 12th.
Fury did well but not enough. The British judge had it a draw.

fury won 9 rounds of 12 . 

that gives him a 9 point lead .

he was knocked down twice that takes away 4 of those 9 points , leaving him a five point lead .

if he loses the other round he still wins by 4 points .

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched it.

For me, Fury's jab and movement won the fight for him.

The first knock down was a strange one, maybe off balance, he wasn't hurt.

Second knock down, wow, no one else has been able to get up from that from Wilder, just shows Fury's heart and durability. 

Fury will win the rematch and also beat AJ.

• Great Info 1

Here's the official scorecard. 

The 1st judge had Wilder winning the 1st 4 rounds lol what fight was he watching? I think the 3rd judge's score is not too far off the mark although I didn't see Wilder do anything big to steal rounds 6 and 7. 

wilder-fury-scorecard.jpg.0f14d1e7aa3b32873210b5c58d975e91.jpg