Tyson Fury - Deontay Wilder

Krapow

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Of course you can.

Boxing is scored round by round. Those would have been 10-8 rounds, but what if the other boxer won all the other rounds?

Anyway, i'm just about to watch the full fight on utube.

Yes, I know the rules of boxing say that is correct but with a World title on the line , heavyweight WBC the best, I think the challenger needs to convincingly win. I actually think the first 9 rounds were closer than other saw it. The British judge said a draw, I have to go with that. 

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Why?.

From the reports i have read Fury should of won on points even allowing for knockdowns.He got fucked over same as Lennox Lewis against Evander Holyfield when that was called a draw.Then it turned out a female judge could not explain a large deposit in her bank account.

As Lennox said after this fight 'It shows how hard it is for a Brit to go to America to take someone's belt'.

I genuinely saw it a lot closer mate but I prefer Wilders style to Fury so maybe I was biased. 

I remeber that fight Hollyfield v Lewis at Madison Sq Gardens. I looked at getting a ticket and flying out. I remember having to phone the box office in NYC as it was before the Internet.

Didn't have the money in the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

heavyweight WBC the best,

The WBA is the original heavyweight title but most people assume the WBC is the best belt to have.Not sure how that came to be.

And WBA don't mean West Bromwich Albion are the champions of the world.😃

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So, like Ortiz, Fury could and probably will box the face off Wilder the whole fight, but like Ortiz, if Wider connects right, lights out?

Yup, it will pretty much play out the same as the last fight, it’s all about whether wilder can catch him, otherwise Fury should win unless he gets cheated on the cards again.

Am actually booked to go and see the Dubois v Joyce fight in April. Went to see Dubois last year, the guy is a fking beast.....

Edited by Sangsom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Yup, it will pretty much play out the same as the last fight, it’s all about whether wilder can catch him, otherwise Fury should win unless he gets cheated on the cards again.

Am actually booked to go and see the Dubois v Joyce fight in April. Went to see Dubois last year, the guy is a fking beast.....

Triple D, yea, he's some dig on him. 

Biggest step up in class yet with Joyce, but I think he'll dispatch him same as the rest. 

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

So, like Ortiz, Fury could and probably will box the face off Wilder the whole fight, but like Ortiz, if Wider connects right, lights out?

I dont think he'll get up a 2nd time from a punch like that. To me this fight is as much about Tyson as it is about his trainer and his ability to keep Fury focused and on his toes the full 12th rounds. Complacency is his biggest foe with a puncher like Wilder. 

12 hours ago, Esco said:

I dont think he'll get up a 2nd time from a punch like that. To me this fight is as much about Tyson as it is about his trainer and his ability to keep Fury focused and on his toes the full 12th rounds. Complacency is his biggest foe with a puncher like Wilder. 

Are you going to sit up, or be up for breakfast to watch it?

Read it's about 5am UK time.