Posted (edited)

In just over two weeks from now one of the greatest sporting rivalries will resume,The Ashes.

A lot of questions will be answered....

Will Archer & Roy be able to make the transition between white ball & red....if they're picked?

Will Anderson & Broad still be able to work their magic with the Duke ball?

Will the Aussie batsmen be able to cope with the Duke ball?

Will grayray & his mates down under be able to stay awake all night?

All will be revealed....

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

Broad needs to step aside to make way for the young guns. 

He'll need a push....

Just seen the first test is at Edgebaston....that won't please the Aussies!😎

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My only sadness is that these days the Ashes seem to be an annual event. 

Some of my greatest memories e.g 2005 and even better those test when Underwood bowled them out at the Oval and that amazing test in Oz listened on the radio Botham bowling we needed one wicket .....

Grayray will be dusting off his hearing aid, checking the battery on his mobility scooter :default_geri: and making sure he's still stealing electricity from his neighbour to power up his 14 inch TV ....

.....got some good players you old bastard ........ no ball scratching :default_cheers:

Edited by nampla69
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Some of my greatest memories e.g 2005 and even better those test when Underwood bowled them out at the Oval and that amazing test in Oz listened on the radio Botham bowling we needed one wicket .....

Grayray will be dusting off his hearing aid, checking the battery on his mobility scooter :default_geri: and making sure he's still stealing electricity from his neighbour to power up his 14 inch TV ....

.....got some good players you old bastard ........ no ball scratching :default_cheers:

Isn't it meant to every 18 months or so , but I remember there were some close to each other because of WCs iirc 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

namps,

I will be up most nights,think our blokes will handle the duke ball better,they have been using it for the last two years.plus your red ball mob are not as good as the white ball mob.

plus have seen what the aussie 2nds are doing to your blokes.

regards

grayray

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, grayray said:

namps,

I will be up most nights,think our blokes will handle the duke ball better,they have been using it for the last two years.plus your red ball mob are not as good as the white ball mob.

plus have seen what the aussie 2nds are doing to your blokes.

regards

grayray

qnfcveh0gho01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Will the umpires have boned up on the overthrow rule?

• Like 1

Roy has to be given a go at the top and told to just play his natural game. No idea if he has any sort of defence but even if he doesn't and just gets stuck in and gets out for 50-80 at least every other innings I'll take that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Roy has to be given a go at the top and told to just play his natural game. No idea if he has any sort of defence but even if he doesn't and just gets stuck in and gets out for 50-80 at least every other innings I'll take that.

As long as its not Keaton Jennings,he had enough chances and has been rubbish for Lancashire this season in the Championship.

Looks like it will be Roy and Burns opening.Then maybe Root,Bairstow,Buttler,Stokes,Woakes,Ali or Rashid,Wood or Sam Curran,Anderson,Archer.

That's what i would go for.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

As long as its not Keaton Jennings,he had enough chances and has been rubbish for Lancashire this season in the Championship.

Looks like it will be Roy and Burns opening.Then maybe Root,Bairstow,Buttler,Stokes,Woakes,Ali or Rashid,Wood or Sam Curran,Anderson,Archer.

Can't argue with that. 

Would like to see Ali sort his batting out and come good again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Good Call!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaksey said:

Can't argue with that. 

Would like to see Ali sort his batting out and come good again. 

Seems to have lost his patience batting in tests and gets out having a swing,yet he got a double hundred for Worcestershire last season so he can still do it.Improved a lot with the ball as well after a poor Ashes last time out.Seems to have got a bit more confidence back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Seems to have lost his patience batting in tests and gets out having a swing,yet he got a double hundred for Worcestershire last season so he can still do it.Improved a lot with the ball as well after a poor Ashes last time out.Seems to have got a bit more confidence back.

They should give him a go at Edgbaston, crowd will be right behind him and with a bit of luck we'll be on top of the Aussies so a good chance for him to relax and get settled without a massive amount of pressure. If he does well then I think he could carry the form through the series.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If Roy loss his patience it will 5 runs or 100+

• Haha 1

Root perfect for test cricket...not chasing runs...But showed  he can in world cup...pure class ...

Bring it on OZ

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Well our new opening partnership lasted all of 16 balls vs Ireland at Lords.

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well our new opening partnership lasted all of 16 balls vs Ireland at Lords.

It is 6 years since he last opened an innings in a first class red ball game.

Totally different to the white ball game.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

It is 6 years since he last opened an innings in a first class red ball game.

Totally different to the white ball game.

But we're in need of someone & he deserves a chance.36-2 now.Correction 36-3....

Edited by coxyhog

Posted (edited)

Our problem is the top 3....which we've just lost....Correction top 5....now 42-5....Correction now 42-6....

Edited by coxyhog

England getting all their ducks in a row. :default_071:

• Haha 1

We usually have at least one collapse in the summer & I'd rather it happen now rather than later....