Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In just over two weeks from now one of the greatest sporting rivalries will resume,The Ashes.

A lot of questions will be answered....

Will Archer & Roy be able to make the transition between white ball & red....if they're picked?

Will Anderson & Broad still be able to work their magic with the Duke ball?

Will the Aussie batsmen be able to cope with the Duke ball?

Will grayray & his mates down under be able to stay awake all night?

All will be revealed....

 

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

Broad needs to step aside to make way for the young guns. 

He'll need a push....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the first test is at Edgebaston....that won't please the Aussies!😎

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My only sadness is that these days the Ashes seem to be an annual event. 

Some of my greatest memories e.g 2005 and even better those test when Underwood bowled them out at the Oval and that amazing test in Oz listened on the radio Botham bowling we needed one wicket .....

Grayray will be dusting off his hearing aid, checking the battery on his mobility scooter :default_geri: and making sure he's still stealing electricity from his neighbour to power up his 14 inch TV ....

.....got some good players you old bastard ........ no ball scratching :default_cheers:

Edited by nampla69
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

My only sadness is that these days the Ashes seem to be an annual event. 

Some of my greatest memories e.g 2005 and even better those test when Underwood bowled them out at the Oval and that amazing test in Oz listened on the radio Botham bowling we needed one wicket .....

Grayray will be dusting off his hearing aid, checking the battery on his mobility scooter :default_geri: and making sure he's still stealing electricity from his neighbour to power up his 14 inch TV ....

.....got some good players you old bastard ........ no ball scratching :default_cheers:

Isn't it meant to every 18 months or so , but I remember there were some close to each other because of WCs iirc 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

My only sadness is that these days the Ashes seem to be an annual event. 

Some of my greatest memories e.g 2005 and even better those test when Underwood bowled them out at the Oval and that amazing test in Oz listened on the radio Botham bowling we needed one wicket .....

Grayray will be dusting off his hearing aid, checking the battery on his mobility scooter :default_geri: and making sure he's still stealing electricity from his neighbour to power up his 14 inch TV ....

.....got some good players you old bastard ........ no ball scratching :default_cheers:

namps,

I will be up most nights,think our blokes will handle the duke ball better,they have been using it for the last two years.plus your red ball mob are not as good as the white ball mob.

plus have seen what the aussie 2nds are doing to your blokes.

regards

grayray

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, grayray said:

namps,

I will be up most nights,think our blokes will handle the duke ball better,they have been using it for the last two years.plus your red ball mob are not as good as the white ball mob.

plus have seen what the aussie 2nds are doing to your blokes.

regards

grayray

 

qnfcveh0gho01.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Will the umpires have boned up on the overthrow rule?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roy has to be given a go at the top and told to just play his natural game. No idea if he has any sort of defence but even if he doesn't and just gets stuck in and gets out for 50-80 at least every other innings I'll take that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Roy has to be given a go at the top and told to just play his natural game. No idea if he has any sort of defence but even if he doesn't and just gets stuck in and gets out for 50-80 at least every other innings I'll take that.

As long as its not Keaton Jennings,he had enough chances and has been rubbish for Lancashire this season in the Championship.

Looks like it will be Roy and Burns opening.Then maybe Root,Bairstow,Buttler,Stokes,Woakes,Ali or Rashid,Wood or Sam Curran,Anderson,Archer.

That's what i would go for.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

As long as its not Keaton Jennings,he had enough chances and has been rubbish for Lancashire this season in the Championship.

Looks like it will be Roy and Burns opening.Then maybe Root,Bairstow,Buttler,Stokes,Woakes,Ali or Rashid,Wood or Sam Curran,Anderson,Archer.

That's what i would go for.

Can't argue with that. 

Would like to see Ali sort his batting out and come good again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

As long as its not Keaton Jennings,he had enough chances and has been rubbish for Lancashire this season in the Championship.

Looks like it will be Roy and Burns opening.Then maybe Root,Bairstow,Buttler,Stokes,Woakes,Ali or Rashid,Wood or Sam Curran,Anderson,Archer.

That's what i would go for.

Good Call!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaksey said:

Can't argue with that. 

Would like to see Ali sort his batting out and come good again. 

Seems to have lost his patience batting in tests and gets out having a swing,yet he got a double hundred for Worcestershire last season so he can still do it.Improved a lot with the ball as well after a poor Ashes last time out.Seems to have got a bit more confidence back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Seems to have lost his patience batting in tests and gets out having a swing,yet he got a double hundred for Worcestershire last season so he can still do it.Improved a lot with the ball as well after a poor Ashes last time out.Seems to have got a bit more confidence back.

They should give him a go at Edgbaston, crowd will be right behind him and with a bit of luck we'll be on top of the Aussies so a good chance for him to relax and get settled without a massive amount of pressure. If he does well then I think he could carry the form through the series.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Seems to have lost his patience batting in tests and gets out having a swing,yet he got a double hundred for Worcestershire last season so he can still do it.Improved a lot with the ball as well after a poor Ashes last time out.Seems to have got a bit more confidence back.

If Roy loss his patience it will 5 runs or 100+

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Root perfect for test cricket...not chasing runs...But showed  he can in world cup...pure class ...

Bring it on OZ

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well our new opening partnership lasted all of 16 balls vs Ireland at Lords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well our new opening partnership lasted all of 16 balls vs Ireland at Lords.

It is 6 years since he last opened an innings in a first class red ball game.

Totally different to the white ball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

It is 6 years since he last opened an innings in a first class red ball game.

Totally different to the white ball game.

But we're in need of someone & he deserves a chance.36-2 now.Correction 36-3....

Edited by coxyhog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our problem is the top 3....which we've just lost....Correction top 5....now 42-5....Correction now 42-6....

Edited by coxyhog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England getting all their ducks in a row. :default_071:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually have at least one collapse in the summer & I'd rather it happen now rather than later....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...