Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Can you still private hire baht busses ?

I seem to remember there was a law introduced to stop you private hiring BB's, is it still the case or is it like most Thai laws and gets forgotten ?

• Like 1

Still doable, and, judging from the numbers that wont stop for a single 10b fare, encouraged by many baht bus drivers!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I seem to remember there was a law introduced to stop you private hiring BB's, is it still the case or is it like most Thai laws and gets forgotten ?

No problem Pump. Doable 24-7 in Patts same as always. Do it all the time with a group of us usually. No one gives a shit about any laws. Baht talks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Been doing it for the Hash House Harriers for years. Only thing that has changed are the drivers are supposed to have some sort of official paper authorizing a private hire outside the Pattaya area.

Edited to add: If anyone would like to book a baht bus, PM me for contact details of the lead driver we use. BTW, we gave him a hash nickname of Sip Baht and he's also a pretty good hash runner.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1

Thanks guys i imagined the Baht would do the talking lol. I gotta get from the LK Metropole to Naklua for an evening out and don't want to run the gauntlet with wifey in tow competing on the 10 bht runs, i'd just as sooner do private hire, it costs peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks guys i imagined the Baht would do the talking lol. I gotta get from the LK Metropole to Naklua for an evening out and don't want to run the gauntlet with wifey in tow competing on the 10 bht runs, i'd just as sooner do private hire, it costs peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

That run from where you are staying to Naklua is only 300 baht for a baht bus hire. Any empty baht bus along Buakao will gladly take you. It's very easy. No worries.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What about Grab or Uber ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

What about Grab or Uber ?

Then you miss out on the fresh Pattaya air blowing through your hair sailing along in a baht bus. Well, I guess you could stick your head out the window of the car.:default_biggrin:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Then you miss out on the fresh Pattaya air blowing through your hair sailing along in a baht bus. Well, I guess you could stick your head out the window of the car.:default_biggrin:

Nothing like the smell of drains to get you in the mood for dinner 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I’ve never been aware of any such law and each time I’ve travelled over and needed to make a quick hop to somewhere I’d just pay them the going rate. Some would wait for me if I was picking things and do the return journey. I guess the baht talks...but if they did get stopped I’m not sure firstly who would actually stop them to ask why they deviated from their route.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Have you got their tel no's ? 👍

Sorry mate. No idea...

Isn't there an app that you can download on you (semi) smart phone ?

Here we have the 3 apps, BlueBird, Grab, GoJeck

Sure there is one in LOS ?

Just now, Thai Spice said:

Isn't there an app that you can download on you (semi) smart phone ?

No doubt there is but i don't use my top of the range Samsung J1 as any thing other than a phone, its great at making calls and sending sms lol

So its a baht bus for me.......

Sign in to follow this