How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Tham

Any Bang Chang updates?

I used to work in Bang Chang and had a great time there at "The Strip" in the evenings. I was down in July and saw that the Camel Bar was sadly closed - I have however heard that it may be reopening again can anyone confirm this?

48 minutes ago, Tham said:

I used to work in Bang Chang and had a great time there at "The Strip" in the evenings. I was down in July and saw that the Camel Bar was sadly closed - I have however heard that it may be reopening again can anyone confirm this?

I heard the same ref. The camel, good food in there, but rooms had become very tired, and the food had gone down hill sadly, fingers crossed it get the right operator at the helm.

They say BC had become quiet, however i have always had a good time there, and will probably go again in January. 

5 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

I heard the same ref. The camel, good food in there, but rooms had become very tired, and the food had gone down hill sadly, fingers crossed it get the right operator at the helm.

They say BC had become quiet, however i have always had a good time there, and will probably go again in January. 

When in january we could meet up have acouple of beers 

Went to Baan Chang a few times. First trip was awesome, was a Sunday. During the week was pretty dead. Had one good visit in about 12.

1 hour ago, farangme said:

Went to Baan Chang a few times. First trip was awesome, was a Sunday. During the week was pretty dead. Had one good visit in about 12.

Have arranged to meet Elway there next month.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

When in january we could meet up have acouple of beers 

Hi Nick, i have booked for 10 days, land on the 15th, i expect id see you in the RH.

10 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

The rumour I heard was that the new owner is "Terry" who used to run it before the final owner. When he was the owner it was a good bar and good food - I may need to head down for a look.

Edited by Tham
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Have arranged to meet Elway there next month.

Top lad Elway, play golf with him occasionally and always enjoy a couple on the strip with him afterwards. 

It has been quiet recently but still fun to be had if you pick the right bars. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Top lad Elway, play golf with him occasionally and always enjoy a couple on the strip with him afterwards. 

It has been quiet recently but still fun to be had if you pick the right bars. 

I have never had a bad day there, as you say you need to pick the right bars. Ram inn - YoYo - Nasa bar, blue sky, always end up in one of those.

Spend most of my time in One Bar as there are a decent set of regulars so it’s not just all about the other attractions, but they certainly help 😎

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Spend most of my time in One Bar as there are a decent set of regulars so it’s not just all about the other attractions, but they certainly help 😎

Nice air con bar is the One bar, stayed there overnight once as well, fairly good but plain rooms, Jason the boss even got his brother in law to drive us back to Pattaya the next day. Now thats a good service

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Were you in the group that go to the "No Name" bar in Rompho Market?  I used to meet them there occasionally.  Great bunch of lads.

5 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Were you in the group that go to the "No Name" bar in Rompho Market?  I used to meet them there occasionally.  Great bunch of lads.

Not in that group, just meet up once or twice a month with a few other BC mates for a knock about, obviously it always ends up in a bar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Hi Nick, i have booked for 10 days, land on the 15th, i expect id see you in the RH.

Im in thailand till 18th jan closer to the time will pm you with my thai number 

• Thumbs Up 1

Was told last night by sms from a friend in Ban Chang, that the Camel is still shut, the interior is stripped and the walls inside have been bricked up to split it into separate units. Looks like it is gone for good.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Tham said:

Was told last night by sms from a friend in Ban Chang, that the Camel is still shut, the interior is stripped and the walls inside have been bricked up to split it into separate units. Looks like it is gone for good.

Wow, we used to eat there during our bike trips. Was okay. I think the ex pat population is lessening to a point that it's not worth it to run these types of businesses?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, farangme said:

Wow, we used to eat there during our bike trips. Was okay. I think the ex pat population is lessening to a point that it's not worth it to run these types of businesses?

Long story about the sale of the place some months back. The overall building is actually 4 or 5 shophouses with different owners so was a bit complicated as you can imagine. I guess it is now being split back into individual units. 

Hope it’s not just more single shop house same same bars, enough empty ones of those on the strip already. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, farangme said:

Always have a good time in ban chang but never come across that many Farang when there. I would say some of those bars would be lucky to have a single customer at this time of year on a weekday.

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Always have a good time in ban chang but never come across that many Farang when there. I would say some of those bars would be lucky to have a single customer at this time of year on a weekday.

We supplied a new business start up in Baan Chang with Indian and Chinese food. He moved on after a while. Think it was very hard work to get the ex pats in. Cut throat competition as is the case in many places now. The fellow was totally green, first time in Thailand. Think relationship problems was one of the reasons.

• Like 1