Foodie Inquiry

47 minutes ago, LeePattaya said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the best places for Vietnamese Pho, Chinese dim sum or Japanese sushi and sashimi in town? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Not so sure about any of that strange stuff Lee, but i can recommend Nicky's in Soi Baukhow as they do a most lovely braised steak with all the trimmings.....

7 minutes ago, LeePattaya said:

Thanks Steve, it's been years since I've been to Nicky's. I used to go there for their Beef Stew but I will definitely put the braised steak with the trimmings on my list of "must try," sounds great ..Β πŸ˜ƒ

Beef stew is a great choice too pal, sorry that i cannot advise you on the more 'exotic' stuff, but i'm sure somebody will give you the required info before long mate.Β 

1 hour ago, LeePattaya said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the best places for Vietnamese Pho, Chinese dim sum or Japanese sushi and sashimi in town? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

I’ve got mates who use Facebook and they would use Breakfast Club Pattaya for questions like these so if you have FB perhaps pose the question these also. Good luckΒ 

3 minutes ago, LeePattaya said:

Thanks again Steve, if you haven't tried the .. "exotic strange stuff," .. one day when you're bored, you may want to venture out and try it .. There may be a chance you may conclude, .. "Where has it been all my life?" ..Β πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

Dim sum i've had a number of times, and they can be very nice depending on the filling, better still if one has a bowl of proper English gravy to dunk them in.

Viet' Pho ?Β  i'll have to ask Mr. Google.

The other stuff my wife loves, but i am not a lover of anything which is not cooked unless it's a salad.

There will no doubt be many more replies to this topic from people who enjoy what you mention, all good info.

Again, welcome to the fold mate.....

Dim sum in English gravy? That's sacrilegious! .. hahaha .. Well I have been to Chinatown in London a number of times and they do have very good dim sum. The Chinatown there is next to my favorite area, the theater district at Leicester Square. If I am in London for five nights, you would find me in the live theater at least four of those nights. Love it. I'd have to say, the Fish and Chips is pretty good stuff ..Β πŸ˜‰Β And thanks for the warm welcome ..Β πŸ™ƒ

Edited by LeePattaya
Forgot to reply to a statement previously made.