• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
coxyhog

Armed Forces Day

Every Armed Forces Day we go to a Jaguar reunion(Jaguar aircraft,not cars or cats) at a big Wetherspoons pub in Norwich.The great thing at this one was I met an old & very good mate that I hadn't seen since 1977.It's always a good time & I meet up with lots old mates from the RAF & Oman but this one was special.

& the train was free.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Rangers do one every year as well.

A Royal Marine parasails down from the Sandy Jardine Stand with the match ball, gives it to the referee to start the game. 

Been to a few of them, good atmosphere, packed with the UK armed forces, free tickets given to them and veterans.

Though we give free tickets to veterans all year round.  

Mrs Krapow up supporting the Rangers and the armed forces!

10405328_10204621555920125_7839420981221065713_n.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 4

My son (the little Asian looking guy on the ladder) just finished his specialization course on S.A. missile systems.

1561648897901-1024x484.jpg

1561648013725-1024x2086.jpg

Stationed in Istres, south of France. Not a bad place.

Not really what he wanted, but he did not pass for para because of a knee problem. He plans to try again in some time.

Told him long ago to go for the Navy,  but those youngsters never listen !

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My son (the little Asian looking guy on the ladder) just finished his specialization course on S.A. missile systems.

Not really what he wanted, but he did not pass for para because of a knee problem. He plans to try again in some time.

South African missiles?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

South African missiles?

Hahaha..Surface to Air.

Ok, Surface to Air Missile (SAM) 

Edited by Thai Spice

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Hahaha..Surface to Air.

Ok, Surface to Air Missile (SAM) 

I was wondering lol

12 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

A good reason to join the air force....we sent our officers off to do the fighting!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, coxyhog said:

Every Armed Forces Day we go to a Jaguar reunion(Jaguar aircraft,not cars or cats) at a big Wetherspoons pub in Norwich.The great thing at this one was I met an old & very good mate that I hadn't seen since 1977.It's always a good time & I meet up with lots old mates from the RAF & Oman but this one was special.

& the train was free.

SEPECAT Jaguar? Great aircraft often under appreciated and overlooked in favour of the faster one's like Lightning and Tornado during it's service era(s).

13 hours ago, Shaksey said:

SEPECAT Jaguar? Great aircraft often under appreciated and overlooked in favour of the faster one's like Lightning and Tornado during it's service era(s).

Yep did the airframe course at Lossiemouth & worked on them at Bruggen,Germany 76-78.Then did a bit on them in Oman in the 80's.

One of the first military aircraft designed with an eye on maintenance.Very popular with the groundcrews.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, coxyhog said:

Yep did the airframe course at Lossiemouth & worked on them at Bruggen,Germany 76-78.Then did a bit on them in Oman in the 80's.

One of the first military aircraft designed with an eye on maintenance.Very popular with the groundcrews.

Awesome mate, great that you still catch up with your mates from back then too 😎

I always used to like the high alpha pass the Jags did at shows, especially considering they were all manually controlled without f-b-w or modern avionics keeping you in the air.

Any still flying? India maybe?

14 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Awesome mate, great that you still catch up with your mates from back then too 😎

I always used to like the high alpha pass the Jags did at shows, especially considering they were all manually controlled without f-b-w or modern avionics keeping you in the air.

I believe India still has some

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shaksey said:

The Jag was designed for low level interdiction & they reckoned over the empty quarter you could get down to a level where if you pushed the stick forward the cushion of air would stop you going in.The last pic was a car being driven by a Hunter pilot in Oman & a Jag pilot overhead recognised it so decided to scare him.Hit the car with one of the aft lower fuselage strakes & he was fired when he got back.Lucky he didn't kill the guy.

jag.jpg

jag3.jpg

v.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, coxyhog said:

The Jag was designed for low level interdiction & they reckoned over the empty quarter you could get down to a level where if you pushed the stick forward the cushion of air would stop you going in.The last pic was a car being driven by a Hunter pilot in Oman & a Jag pilot overhead recognised it so decided to scare him.Hit the car with one of the aft lower fuselage strakes & he was fired when he got back.Lucky he didn't kill the guy.

jag.jpg

jag3.jpg

v.jpg

'kin ell!!! 😲

Guy I used to chat to on another forum flew various RAF machines ending as a Vulcan and then VC-10 Captain and showed me a pic of him in a Hunter buzzing some mates at a similar low level in his early years. I guess that sorta thing went on not infrequently back in the day and mostly they got away with it.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, coxyhog said:

& the train was free.

Today

FB_IMG_1568415488307.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Sign in to follow this