JPK

Pattaya hotels

Got myself booked up again for next month. The bulk of the time I’ll be in Bangkok but planning my usual 3-4 day booze up in Pattaya. 

For years I’ve usually stayed in Tim boutique/intimate hotel but I thought I would  give somewhere else a try. 

Anyone been in anywhere decent recently? As long as it’s central and has a pool I’ll give it a go. 

8 minutes ago, JPK said:

Got myself booked up again for next month. The bulk of the time I’ll be in Bangkok but planning my usual 3-4 day booze up in Pattaya. 

For years I’ve usually stayed in Tim boutique/intimate hotel but I thought I would  give somewhere else a try. 

Anyone been in anywhere decent recently? As long as it’s central and has a pool I’ll give it a go. 

Nature view on Soi Bukhow is good value for money mate, it has a pool and the rooms are half decent.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, JPK said:

try L.K.Mansions  the crn of Central Rd and Soi Buakhao room 508 is a very good room fairly large and there is a pool.you can walk anywhere along soi buakhoa to new plaza or down central rd and along beach rd

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1

Cheers I’ll have a look at those 2 hotels later on today. Just finished nightshift so going bed for a bit then getting something booked later on 

Page 10.

Stayed there last time, gonna use them again in January. 

Great location between Beach Rd and 2nd rd, near Central. Clean, pool, nice breakfast, relatively new, and only around 2000 Baht a night. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always enjoyed Soi 13, primarily Whitehouse Condotel. One of the many good things about Soi 13 is it's excellent location. Also many good hotels of similar quality. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, JPK said:

My favourite as well , the fact that there is always room by the pool ,it's a good size and it gets the sun all day are big things for me ,plus location and staff are fantastic... the food is crap though but I tend to eat outside and always book a room without breakfast 

would like to find an alternative, but nothing I've found so far is as good 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You won't find many hotels as good as Intimate for value, facilities, service and location.

I always stay at LK Royal Wing which is just off Soi Bukhao behind LK Royal Suite right near Pattaya Central Road.  Rooms are massive (about 36 sq mtrs) for the price and I pick it because I like a quiet hotel with very few comings and goings. Never seen Chinese in the place which is the reverse of the LK President on 3rd road. I always ask for a south facing high floor room which are extra quiet, no bars around to keep you awake. You can pay more for a bigger room usually at the end of the corridor. 

I have paid anywhere from 1400 baht to 1800 baht depending on month although I have seen the rooms going for 6000 over New Year.

Just a 100 metre walk to Soi Bukhao and the baht buses, has an underground car park and a pool on the roof. 

Only disadvantage is they don't do food but you breakfast at LK Royal Suite.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, Krapow said:

Page 10.

Stayed there last time, gonna use them again in January. 

Great location between Beach Rd and 2nd rd, near Central. Clean, pool, nice breakfast, relatively new, and only around 2000 Baht a night. 

Cheers for all the recommendations, I ended up going for this one 😎

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I always stay at LK Royal Wing which is just off Soi Bukhao behind LK Royal Suite right near Pattaya Central Road.  Rooms are massive (about 36 sq mtrs) for the price and I pick it because I like a quiet hotel with very few comings and goings. Never seen Chinese in the place which is the reverse of the LK President on 3rd road. I always ask for a south facing high floor room which are extra quiet, no bars around to keep you awake. You can pay more for a bigger room usually at the end of the corridor. 

I have paid anywhere from 1400 baht to 1800 baht depending on month although I have seen the rooms going for 6000 over New Year.

Just a 100 metre walk to Soi Bukhao and the baht buses, has an underground car park and a pool on the roof. 

Only disadvantage is they don't do food but you breakfast at LK Royal Suite.

We stayed at LK Royal Suites about 3 years ago & it was really good.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, JPK said:

I forgot to mention you can also eat your breakfast while listening to the glorious sounds of 'Follow Follow' and 'Blue Sea of Ibrox' free of charge!

I left a CD, saying anyone staying from Scotland would be very appreciative :default_es0cw:

On 7/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, JPK said:

Depends on your budget mate ...... since Secrets went arse up found some great Sea View Hotels down by Soi 6/1 and Soi 5 ............ lovely down there great value will post names tomorrow mate. Easy to get about beach right there chilled depends what you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

LK Metropole.

Getting very tired and tatty now, imo, due to typical lack of maintenance.... bathroom doors swollen and split due to moisture,  tiles and grout missing, laminate flooring de laminating, door frames split, broken and badly bodged, so at times locking them is difficult, drawer handles loose, curtains damaged by the sun...

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

I forgot to mention you can also eat your breakfast while listening to the glorious sounds of 'Follow Follow' and 'Blue Sea of Ibrox' free of charge!

I left a CD, saying anyone staying from Scotland would be very appreciative :default_es0cw:

You never said the entertainments a flute band marching up and down the corridors 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Happy July 12th btw ........... :default_deadhorse:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JPK said:

You never said the entertainments a flute band marching up and down the corridors 😂

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Happy July 12th btw ........... :default_deadhorse:

😁

Sure it's old, but it is ...

FB_IMG_1546098515439.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Painter said:

Getting very tired and tatty now, imo, due to typical lack of maintenance.... bathroom doors swollen and split due to moisture,  tiles and grout missing, laminate flooring de laminating, door frames split, broken and badly bodged, so at times locking them is difficult, drawer handles loose, curtains damaged by the sun...

Unfortunately, a lot of Thailand hotels end up like this with no ongoing upkeep once the build is finished.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, JPK said:

Not a bad choice. I've never stayed there but it looks pretty good. Decent reviews from what I've heard. Soi 10 nice soi well located.

I like hotels on the soi's off the beach, but near soi bucky, etc. Nicer for a base neighborhood but still near things.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have stayed in the centara avenue. Nice quiet hotel located down a wee soi just off Diana Inn. Only problem is that the pool is very small and it's rammed with noisy jews.

Doesn't the Centara Azure Condos have a much larger pool with a slider and waterfall? Checked it out last year and the pool was rather large. 

2-pattaya-swimming-pool-01-640x457.jpg

3-swimming-pool-06.jpg

pattaya-swimming-pool-04-640x457.jpg

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 1

Must admit I like Sabai Lodge down Soi 2 way.....taxis top and bottom of soi go by and many down the one way soi so you can literally wait at entrance to hotel anyway

I get the Superior B rooms out the back in my opinion the best kept secret in Pattaya....Low season around 850 high season around 1150 but remember 4 swimming pools and in my opinion the friendliest staff in Pattaya.....Dont get the much higher priced poolside rooms. They are identical in square feet to the ones I suggested but around 400 baht more because they are poolside

Ideal for Billabong 2 and Atlantic bar and zero noise and I mean zero if you take the superior B rooms....internet around 10 meg more than enough for most

Edited by RR007
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Doesn't the Centara Azure Condos have a much larger pool with a slider and waterfall? Checked it out last year and the pool was rather large. 

2-pattaya-swimming-pool-01-640x457.jpg

3-swimming-pool-06.jpg

pattaya-swimming-pool-04-640x457.jpg

Centara avenue customers can use that pool as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Centara avenue customers can use that pool as well.

So these Jews you speak of that frequented the pool, are they Orthodox or Hasidic? Just curious as I have not met many a Jews in the LOS. Maybe I am out of the loop. :default_biggrin:

14 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

So these Jews you speak of that frequented the pool, are they Orthodox or Hasidic? Just curious as I have not met many a Jews in the LOS. Maybe I am out of the loop. :default_biggrin:

Jews frequenting pools? Those must be Sefardim.