Two dry days in Pattaya

Nightcrawler

Yesterday and today are Religious holidays where alcohol sales are forbidden. Looking at reports, many bars have closed or are serving refreshments in coffee mugs with no lights and music. What with the heavy bouts of rain, it must have been a pretty bad week for the entertainment industry, and for tourists. That is not to disrespect Thai Religious holidays. I wonder if tomorrow will be extra busy in the aftermath?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yesterday and today are Religious holidays where alcohol sales are forbidden. Looking at reports, many bars have closed or are serving refreshments in coffee mugs with no lights and music. What with the heavy bouts of rain, it must have been a pretty bad week for the entertainment industry, and for tourists. That is not to disrespect Thai Religious holidays. I wonder if tomorrow will be extra busy in the aftermath?

I did have a gander at the irovers webcam around 0130 Thai time yesterday, everything in darkness and no one anywhere, so yep, a couple of lean days for the beer bars etc.

In the days gone by, some places opened at midnight the day after a religious holiday. not sure if there's still evidence of that happening.