Happy Loy Krathong to All

ChiFlyer

On one of my first trips to Thailand (2004 or so?) Loy Krathong and American Thanksgiving occurred on the same day. I remain a fan of both holidays.

The Mrs. and I have spent Loy Krathong together since we met. We went out to a better Thai Seafood restaurant (Sinuan in Na Jomtien) tonight and launched a krathong after eating too much. The krathong did not appear to be doing too well as it was repeatedly being bounced back to shore. I am thinking it is the hope that counts with regard to this one.

IMG_4488.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

On one of my first trips to Thailand (2004 or so?) Loy Krathong and American Thanksgiving occurred on the same day. I remain a fan of both holidays.

The Mrs. and I have spent Loy Krathong together since we met. We went out to a better Thai Seafood restaurant (Sinuan in Na Jomtien) tonight and launched a krathong after eating too much. The krathong did not appear to be doing too well as it was repeatedly being bounced back to shore. I am thinking it is the hope that counts with regard to this one.

IMG_4488.jpg

I've experienced quite a few Loi Krathong's over the years. As with most things in life your perspective changes. 

It is a special holiday and can be very beautiful. Most Thai folks seem to enjoy it, but I would reckon there are many who consider it just another holiday (I won't elaborate).

I really enjoyed Loi Krathong the year covid hit, when I got up to CM. It was during the time I learned the city (Central) and it was great. The decorations were up, but not as many as usual. I was able to avoid crowds but enjoyed the sights, without the crowds. 

The next year was when I started to see things more back to "normal". Can you say boom boom ? No, not that kind of boom boom. The kind that explodes and can even take your finger off. Went on constant, five days straight. This year, same thing.

Don't need crowds, don't need to be around explosives.

• Thumbs Up 1