How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Shaksey

Premium Lane at BKK - Latest Rules

So after they cancelled all the old style passes and issued new design one's due to so many of the old one's being openly traded/sold and the various airport assistance services selling them became too widespread they have clamped down on the use of the Premium Lane passes a lot now. 

They don't give any to airlines to hand out on flights, a guy hands them out to eligible people at the door of the plane/end of jetway when you get off now. So if you're a regular flyer with airline status or just a super-sweet talker then you can't get the crew to give you an extra one or two for your mates anymore. 

But this is the biggest change - You used to be able to use any pass with any airline stamp on and never had to also present your boarding pass on inbound immigration as long as you has the pass. I don't always use the passes if the normal immigration line is short or there is no line as in that case it actually saves time to not keep walking to the Premium Lane no matter what end of the concourse your flight has landed at. So I have a few of the new style passes saved up too now. I came into BKK from SGN over Christmas flying Eco on Vietnam Airlines. Immigration line at the end I walked up to first was very big. Didn't even both to check the other end as it obviously wasn't going to be small. Went straight to the Premium Lane in the middle. Handed over passport and new style pass, I even made sure it was a Cathay stamped one as there was a Cathay flight arriving too I saw as we landed. IO looked up and asked for my boarding pass. I realised what this meant and said "oh very sorry I've left it on the plane, I've not got checked luggage so didn't need it anymore". I was turned away. No First or Business Class boarding pass means no entry through the Premium Lane now, even if you have a new style pass.

On the outbound side of things they are still letting you use passes even if you are not in Business or First as they are also given to passengers at check-in with airline status regardless of the class they are flying in.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

Making the airport more user friendly.....

Target (dream) is being rated worlds 3rd airport....long way to go, they are at position 35 or so at the moment.....

The system is better now.  I flew in late November and out mid January.  No queue at either entry or departure.

Previously one was standing in a queue for both Security and Passport control on both entry and departure.

i understand that some airlines give fast track pass to some of the higher level frequent flyers who fly economy.  I wonder if this practice will cease.

24th December I landed on a Thai A380. I'm sat towards the back of business class and by the time I get to immigration the queues for Thai first and business class are longer than economy.

It really is a lottery sometimes.

• Like 1

When we arrived last Friday, observed that queues were big, but moving quickly. 

As we had the child, we were ushered to fast track queue as usual, 5 mins top!

They were refusing some people Infront of us who didn't have a child. Not sure if that's what the OP it talking about, as didn't understand why they were even in our queue, nevermind knocked back. Just happy they were. 

Have to say,at Swampy they have very child friendly and proactive in approaching you and directing you to the fast track routes. Not so in many other airports we have used. 

Well done the Thais!

• Like 1

New cards have been on the go for a while now and I always get given mine on the plane.

I got handed mine when I got off the plane , the cabin crew had said they had run out when I asked when they were handing out the immigration cards .. the immigration official didn't ask for my boarding card 

14 hours ago, Shaksey said:

On the outbound side of things they are still letting you use passes even if you are not in Business or First as they are also given to passengers at check-in with airline status regardless of the class they are flying in.

Different airlines must have different rules as Emirates don't give them to Golds in Economy (arriving or departing).  I asked last week at check in and just got a sweet smile followed by no.

At arrival, the signs have been up at the desks for a while mentioning a First/Business Class Boarding Pass is required.  I had wondered what would happen if you said you left it on the plane as lots of people must do this.

I hope you get it back as it can be needed to retro claim miles if you need to.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting into the priority gate because they have young children with them. Been through many times when the kids were young and never offered this, best we could get was to get in the Thai lane, we must look dodgy 😊. Only once ever managed to blag a pass with an Emirates gold card once after making up some story, normally they say not possible.  Qatar now only give you the pass as you exit the plane from business or first class. 

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I’ve never heard of anyone getting into the priority gate because they have young children with them. Been through many times when the kids were young and never offered this, best we could get was to get in the Thai lane, we must look dodgy 😊. Only once ever managed to blag a pass with an Emirates gold card once after making up some story, normally they say not possible.  Qatar now only give you the pass as you exit the plane from business or first class. 

We get approached on arrival, ushered to the priority double lane.

Then even on departure, they usher us in to fast track security and passport stamp, just as about to head up the stairs, it's right there to the left. Again, they look out for and approach you, as no way we would have known otherwise. 

Our daughter is only 2 and a half, so only aware of this in that time. Could be a new thing, but it's very convenient and kudos to the Thais for recognising the extra hassle and making things easier for those with kids. 

When I came through immigration (with a premium pass) about midnight a month ago, it was chaotic.  The main  "feeder snake" to the control officers was full, so people were spilling over to the premium lanes because there weren't so many people there.  Most of them didn't have premium passes and Thai officials were kicking them out of the lines.  The officials didn't  ask for boarding passes; as long as you had a new-style pass you were OK.  I guess they have tightened  the routine a bit since then.

Evil

Thai don't offer Fast Track Passes to Gold members either if they are in economy. 

You must be in Business or First. Then get ushered through in Swampy in and out.

Was asked for boarding card despite Gold Card in October ....... luckily I had retained it.  Always do these days.

Hate those queues on arrival ........ 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

There is a separate priority lane for people with kids, the elderly, monks etc. Just to the right of where the Thai electronic immigration machines are.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, Sangsom said:

There is a separate priority lane for people with kids, the elderly, monks etc. Just to the right of where the Thai electronic immigration machines are.

Yes, I thought that is what Krapow is referring to, not the Fast Track Arrivals in between the two main arrivals halls.  However, the departure one described, before you go up stairs is the Fast Track, so confusing.

1 minute ago, KWA said:

Yes, I thought that is what Krapow is referring to, not the Fast Track Arrivals in between the two main arrivals halls.  However, the departure one described, before you go up stairs is the Fast Track, so confusing.

Yeah the departure fast track allows kids/elderly etc as well......

I don't know what they're called, just know they're fast track for us due to our daughter. 

As you arrive, walk up to Immigration, we are ushered right, far right to the end of the row of immigration booths. That's got kids, disabled above the booth. 

Then on departure, we're ushered in the door to the left just before the stairs. Super fast, security and passport stamped. 

Again, well done the Thais. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't know what they're called, just know they're fast track for us due to our daughter. 

As you arrive, walk up to Immigration, we are ushered right, far right to the end of the row of immigration booths. That's got kids, disabled above the booth. 

Then on departure, we're ushered in the door to the right just before the stairs. Super fast, security and passport stamped. 

Again, well done the Thais. 

Ah ok, got you now. For biz class arrivals there is a separate priority section in between the 2 main immigration gates. 

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ah ok, got you now. For biz class arrivals there is a separate priority section in between the 2 main immigration gates. 

Sorry, to the left, just before the stairs. There is nothing to the right. Just edited the post above. 

We just got ushered through the priority lane at departures too. Just immigration, not security, but it was quiet anyway. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, Stillearly said:

This firm still have  fast track apparently... have booked them when I return to Thailand after Cambodia 

https://www.limousine.in.th/fasttrack.php

BFS have been stopped from providing the same service...

They are very good used them not long ago. Smooth as silk. ✈️

On 1/19/2019 at 3:07 AM, Scotty said:

young kids and the elderly get priority at Swampy

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

What about the fat and unattractive?

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

How old is elderly?