Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Smooth

Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza?

Have a trip coming up soon and am all set for my first few days in Pattaya before heading to Kenya for two weeks. On the return, will be stopping back in Thailand for a couple nights and rather than return to Pattaya, I have decided to stay in Bangkok. Haven't set foot in Bangkok since 2001 or 02, when I spent 2 nights at a hotel a short walk to Nana Plaza, and figured to get a room close to one of the major nightlife sections, either back at Nana or  Soi Cowboy.

Only a couple nights, and the second one will be abbreviated since my flight departs at 0900 that next morning, so I'll be off to the airport by around 0530. Just curious as to the opinions of those who have spent time in each area and which, if either, you prefer? Does one have better quality of girls? Better priced drinks? More attractive FL's? 

Anyone have a particular favorite pub or restaurant close by to either spot that you would recommend?

Will book within a few days.

Appreciate any thoughts......

Posted (edited)

I have stayed at both of these places in BKK recently>  Adelphi Suites or Phachara Suites  . 5 minute walk to Nana from either hotel.  You can book with Adelphi directly through their website with no credit card, just a simple chat box on their website and booking is done -they send you a pdf file to your email confirming your stay. Both places are brilliant with easy access to the action. Very reduced room rates for both places atm. 3K a night (give or take) at both which is a steal for what they offer. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 1

I prefer the Nana area and always stay at the Dynasty on soi 4, cheap clean room and next to all the action. There are many more pricey hotels near by, but the Dynasty suits me just fine!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like this little hotel called ON8. The front door is tucked away in a nice little side Soi off Soi 8. Many new very good restaraunts, but otherwise nice and peaceful.

The back door leads out onto Suk. Rd. The lift to the Nana BTS are literally 5 steps from that door. There is a 7/11 about 7 steps to the left.

Walking down to Nana is a quick, easy walk. If you want to go to Cowboy take the BTS to the Asoke stop. Take the upper walkway down and Cowboy is a short walk from there (no crossing of the busy streets). These convienaces mean a ton to me when factoring walking in the heat.

Has worked perfectly for me the past few trips. So good I have no plans to change. Hotel is moderately priced, love the staff.

• Like 1

Nana ....much nicer and taxis get onto the motorway easily nu U turns etc as you have an early flight. 

All recommendations above are good and would stay off Soi 4 ....... Cowboy is a shadow of its former glory. Not worth it IMHO ... 

• Like 2

It’s been 7 years for me, but I could not recommend Tulip massage enough. They really take care of you in there

• Like 1

Lots of ladyboy venues in nana now. Cowboy is more of a tourist venue for looking and not touching. Very expensive in Bangkok now. No point in going out with less than 10k in baht.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Lots of ladyboy venues in nana now. Cowboy is more of a tourist venue for looking and not touching. Very expensive in Bangkok now. No point in going out with less than 10k in baht.

I think you should link the last comment to his 1st observation lol.

Plenty of fun to be had in Bkk for a few quid. Loads more places on Suk and even KSR full of fanny. 

Nothing can beat le bar la coconut of course lol 

• Like 3

I like both places but the last few trips to Bangkok my mate was working there and him and his mates would meet up for a couple of drinks after work at Soi Cowboy. So this is where I have spent the most time lately.

I rang my mate up to wish him happy birthday and he said he was popping in to Jungle Jims to get his dick sucked. I said enjoy since it's your birthday and he no it was just a normal Wednesday night thing he did. The joys of living in Thailand.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Esco said:

I think you should link the last comment to his 1st observation lol.

Plenty of fun to be had in Bkk for a few quid. Loads more places on Suk and even KSR full of fanny. 

Nothing can beat le bar la coconut of course lol 

I prefer Rambuttri road to khao san though Mulligan's is a good spot. I find Bangkok very expensive for a night out and tend to burn through some dosh.

Usually have about 3 or 4 nights there and normally stay on soi 11, will visit both places depending which way the wind blows on any given night, probably prefer cowboy on balance though.....

Really appreciate the suggestions. Yeah, figure a night out in Bangkok on average, more expensive than Pattaya. I'm just more or less curious as to the changes, etc over the previous 2 decades more or less since I was last there. As boydeste said, his preference is the Dynasty near to Nana. That is where I stayed my last visit there, along with a couple of former BM's from the glory days of the Secrets board, Rogue and forget the other guy's handle. Stayed 1or 2 nights and got a free shuttle van to the Dynasty in Pattaya after. Wasn't a bad deal. 10 seconds out the lobby door after checking in and cleaning up from the long flight, I am approached by a drunk girl who was pretty touchy feely. She was after a quick romp, but I questioned her, asking if she was a lady boy seeing as she was quick with her hands groping me.

That set her off as she was offended at the suggestion, and proceeded to unsnap her shorts, undo the zipper, reach down to her panties and pulled them off to the side to reveal what was, indeed, a right jolly good pussy. I thanked her for confirming that she was a dyed in the wool lady but still passed. Less than a minute had gone by on my first night out in the Bangkok air, and this was my first impression!

Only in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, decided to go with the Dynasty at Nana. Booked through booking.com, 2 nights....$103 USD incl all fees and taxes. Checked out a few other places but decided that the Dynasty will suffice. Numerous positive reviews. Must be a very popular spot to stay as only 3 double rooms ( smoking rooms only, non-smoking rooms were booked up) were said to be left on my dates, Sept 11-13, when I was filling out the booking info.

Anyway, many thanks to all who offered their thoughts and opinions.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Well, decided to go with the Dynasty at Nana. Booked through booking.com, 2 nights....$103 USD incl all fees and taxes. Checked out a few other places but decided that the Dynasty will suffice. Numerous positive reviews. Must be a very popular spot to stay as only 3 double rooms ( smoking rooms only, non-smoking rooms were booked up) were said to be left on my dates, Sept 11-13, when I was filling out the booking info.

Anyway, many thanks to all who offered their thoughts and opinions.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Dynasty is good, for a quick in and out. 

The thing I like about there is you can crawl to Nana. Also they have that nice front area where you can sit and scout things out before you head to Nana.

Note about that area - there used to be (not sure how it is now at current moment) a lot of African freelances in that area. They are aggressive about trying to get into you pockets (literally). I almost broke the hand of one a trip or two ago. I'm usually a very nice guy unless someone tries to f**k with me. That girl learned not to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roomark said:

Love hearing that after a long day of sweating....   👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Stay in the middle. It is only a short 1km walk between the 2 areas. No problem doing both areas and most things inbetween in 1 night.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry for the late response buddy, my last few "single" years I spent at The Dawin....boutique hotel as they are now called I believe. 

$46 per night, clean, 5 minute walk to Nana, Girl Friendly the whole nine yards. Dynasty and Ibis are good too. Was there Sept 2017 when a few friends from "Man Jose" came to visit, no shortage of women anywhere in that area for sure. London Calling Go Go was quite the surpise as far as quality girls.....IMO. 

Few pics of FL's from back in the day and the room too. 

Have a great time in Kenya and your return to Bangkok.....still a great city I think. Interested to hear your thoughts. Maybe you will see Gavin Newsom LOL!  

rsz_dscn0347.jpg

rsz_dscn0348.jpg

rsz_dscn0349.jpg

rsz_dscn0350.jpg

IMG_7889.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me it all depends on what its for... Nana alway for relaxing and people watching... and to pop into the odd gogo..

I like both but usually start off in Cowboy and then gravitate towards Nana as I like the atmosphere around that area more, also plenty of outside bars to watch the world go by.  Find Cowboy has lost it's appeal for me and I tend only to enter bars on the northern side of the street, been ripped off by a few on the southern side.

Have a great time in Kenya, i did........

Bit late with this info but i always stay in the Dynasty Grande in soi6, great hotel and cos i was a regular i usually got upgraded. I prefer Nana to Cowboy but as Lurch says do both.

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Have a great time in Kenya, i did........

Bit late with this info but i always stay in the Dynasty Grande in soi6, great hotel and cos i was a regular i usually got upgraded. I prefer Nana to Cowboy but as Lurch says do both.

I have on all previous trips. Two American friends of mine will be there, both are a decade older, one semi retired, the other just called it quits end of June. The semi-retired guy will be there a month, the other for 2 months, return for a month to the States, then in November he will head back for 6 months to establish his business license and whatever paper work he needs to be a legit businessman in Kenya.

His last trip in April, he signed a rental agreement on a house in the town of Mtwapa, a very small version of Pattaya, along the Kenyan coast. 3 bdrm, 2 bath, furnished, a garden in the backyard, a private yard in front as it is surrounded by a thick wall around the property, walking distance to about 30 pubs within 20 minutes, maybe 20 restaurants, a 2 minute moto ride to the grocery store, and he got it for just $300 usd per month!

We will celebrate his 65th at a place called the Eagles Nest, on Sept 4th. Tusker draft beer (keg beer as it is known there)  runs 160 kes, $1.60 USD.

And there will be plenty of slender ladies around!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this