Pumpuynarak

Obtaining new driving licence - Yellow book not accepted

Here's another little beauty, i got to renew me DL shortly but wifey's just been informed by our local DL test center that they will no longer accept me yellow book as proof of residency and i have to go to Immigration and pay 500bht (its supposed to be free) and obtain a letter from them. She asked them why and they said we got a new boss and thats the rules, she questioned how this was possible and the recipient of her call just hung up.

Don't ya just love this corrupt shithole ? 

Here's another little beauty, i got to renew me DL shortly but wifey's just been informed by our local DL test center that they will no longer accept me yellow book as proof of residency and i have to go to Immigration and pay 500bht (its supposed to be free) and obtain a letter from them. She asked them why and they said we got a new boss and thats the rules, she questioned how this was possible and the recipient of her call just hung up.
500b is steep, only 300b in Jomtien or free at Sriracha !!

Tell wifey to ask again tomorrow (or a different person) if can use yellow book... highly possible you will get a different answer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

300 / 500...to much BS again. 

Feck me, we had it easy 30 y ago ! None of this shit.

"Plead, promess, pay..."  WTF ?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

500b is steep, only 300b in Jomtien or free at Sriracha !!

Tell wifey to ask again tomorrow (or a different person) if can use yellow book... highly possible you will get a different answer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Or just show up at the DL center, plead ignorance and promise to get a resident cert next time you renew.

Yeah right, trouble is if i turn up there without an Immigration letter and just me yellow book they can just refuse to do and i've just wasted me time going there, same with talking to someone else, you know how they work guys. Wifey also told em i got a Thai pink ID card, nothing really matters when they're in bullshit mode ?

I'll just pay the 500bht and be done with it, f*** em......and i'll treat em with the contempt they deserve.

Here's another little beauty, me mate went to get his marriage extension and on checking his paperwork they said he did'nt have the requisite 40K going in one month, it was just under due to the exchange rate, but wait for it when they totaled his income transfers for the year he'd deposited 520K bht, far in excess of the 480K bht.

No problem they said go and see the boss, he duly did and was told put 15K in the envelope along with 4K admin fee and bobs yer uncle, visa extension granted.

Does anyone get the impression we're just viewed as cash cows for their benefit and they'll be as obstructive as they possibly can ?

Answers on a postcard lol          

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yeah right, trouble is if i turn up there without an Immigration letter and just me yellow book they can just refuse to do and i've just wasted me time going there, same with talking to someone else, you know how they work guys. Wifey also told em i got a Thai pink ID card, nothing really matters when they're in bullshit mode ?

I'll just pay the 500bht and be done with it, f*** em......and i'll treat em with the contempt they deserve.

Here's another little beauty, me mate went to get his marriage extension and on checking his paperwork they said he did'nt have the requisite 40K going in one month, it was just under due to the exchange rate, but wait for it when they totaled his income transfers for the year he'd deposited 520K bht, far in excess of the 480K bht.

No problem they said go and see the boss, he duly did and was told put 15K in the envelope along with 4K admin fee and bobs yer uncle, visa extension granted.

Does anyone get the impression we're just viewed as cash cows for their benefit and they'll be as obstructive as they possibly can ?

Answers on a postcard lol          

Are you renewing in Pattaya (Regents LTD ) ?

Plenty of others in Chonburi that you can renew at.

Asking for a padded envelope is common, anyone coming here for more than a week or 2 will know this and not be surprised and to be fair you mate going the monthly route thats how much he needs to show each month.... pretty daft I know.

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

The new boss evidently needs to somehow pay for the new Mercedes that he bought himself as a congratulatory present when he got the promotion. His share of your 500 Baht will help a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Are you renewing in Pattaya (Regents LTD ) ?

Plenty of others in Chonburi that you can renew at.

Asking for a padded envelope is common, anyone coming here for more than a week or 2 will know this and not be surprised and to be fair you mate going the monthly route thats how much he needs to show each month.... pretty daft I know.

Nahh renewing locally here in Korat. Now where the marriage extension is concerned its an average income requirement not like the retirement, its clearly stated in the police order, there's a ton of info on TV about the issue but as usual local IO make up their own rules.

image.png

Edited by Pumpuynarak

Sorry you have to go through this crap Cliff........Yellow Book, Thai DL, Thai Id Card I have all of those. It is hard to maintain control there at times huh?

Are we going to have to get an "agent" now for the DL? 

If it makes anyone feel better, my wife absolutely detests all of this crap her country pulls on people. I have seen it first hand up close and in person.

Few years ago we were coming back from Ko Samui, we were told by another taxi guy, that we do not have to go downstairs and get in the "que" that we could go upstairs and when the drivers are dropping other people off, we can just hail a taxi there. Some taxi mafia guy comes over there and starts telling her otherwise, oh man, she lit this guy up like a Christmas Tree. The veins were popping out of her neck! There are " fees" for getting people downstairs, but no such rule exists. This guy quickly walked away from her after he saw the was not going to take his shit. I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Sorry you have to go through this crap Cliff........Yellow Book, Thai DL, Thai Id Card I have all of those. It is hard to maintain control there at times huh?

Are we going to have to get an "agent" now for the DL? 

If it makes anyone feel better, my wife absolutely detests all of this crap her country pulls on people. I have seen it first hand up close and in person.

Few years ago we were coming back from Ko Samui, we were told by another taxi guy, that we do not have to go downstairs and get in the "que" that we could go upstairs and when the drivers are dropping other people off, we can just hail a taxi there. Some taxi mafia guy comes over there and starts telling her otherwise, oh man, she lit this guy up like a Christmas Tree. The veins were popping out of her neck! There are " fees" for getting people downstairs, but no such rule exists. This guy quickly walked away from her after he saw the was not going to take his shit. I love it. 

Good for your wifey mate well done to her, not surprisingly Mike my wifey's the same, she gets so angry with all the bullshit and for her to get angry is very rare, she's the most tolerant person i know but this place really sucks at times, i just want to tell them to FO sometimes but where does that get you ?

Perhaps i should just drive around with an expired/no licence like most of the Thais lol

Funny story, i had a mate up here i was out with one day and he got pulled over at a police check and asked for his licence, he gave it to the cop who said its expired, my mate replied "yeah but at least i got one" the cop smiled took the dosh and gave it back to him and on we went lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Good for your wifey mate well done to her, not surprisingly Mike my wifey's the same, she gets so angry with all the bullshit and for her to get angry is very rare, she's the most tolerant person i know but this place really sucks at times, i just want to tell them to FO sometimes but where does that get you ?

Perhaps i should just drive around with an expired/no licence like most of the Thais lol

Funny story, i had a mate up here i was out with one day and he got pulled over at a police check and asked for his licence, he gave it to the cop who said its expired, my mate replied "yeah but at least i got one" the cop smiled took the dosh and gave it back to him and on we went lol

Talked to her about this last night, everything you have, should have got you your new license going forward with no problem. Mine expires in 2022 and we will probably be back in Bangkok by then, we'll see what happens.  

Great story on your friend and local Thais for sure. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 6:01 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes, it's fantastic my friend. Cause you can buy anything. 

Just pay an agency then they all get a bit. 

I gave up trying it the right way. Just pay, smile and you shall receive. Best place on Earth mate. I used to tell myself I hates it but when you've a stunner in bed, trying to make you happy for 1000 Baht it can't be beaten. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, Yessongs said:

That story reminds me of when myself and three teenage mates decided to have a night out in SoHo in London.

We saw this sign for nude dancers and asked the guy outside how much it was to get into the club. He said 2 pounds from each of us which was a lot of money for us in those days. So we each paid and walked up the stairs  to find another guy at the top of the stairs who said he wanted 1 pound off each of  us to enter. We said that we had paid 2 pounds each already to the guy downstairs to which he replied

"He is f**k all to do with us!"  

Becoming streetwise has a price.:default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2