Yesitisdakid

Train trip to Hat Yai

TFP.

Great to see you exploring Thailand, AND by train.

I'm surprised there wasn't more nightlife. Isn't Hat Yai the place the Malaysians go for their "entertainment"?

Was English understood widely?

How did you get around?

Is there anything interesting to see there?

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

TFP.

Great to see you exploring Thailand, AND by train.

I'm surprised there wasn't more nightlife. Isn't Hat Yai the place the Malaysians go for their "entertainment"?

Was English understood widely?

How did you get around?

Is there anything interesting to see there?

Yes that is supposedly where the Malaysians go I never ran across the big bar scene when I was there other than the markets there's not a whole bunch to do there or I didn't find much to do. I got around via motorbike Taxi but I stayed right in the heart of town so everything was pretty handy. English is pretty non-existent

• Thanks 1

The Malays tend to stay in Sadao which is south of Hat Yai and closer to the border. Sadao was an "interesting" place to visit.

I haven't been to Hat Yai for years but always enjoyed it and found plenty of bars and company. There was even a live sex show place. The Grand Pink hotel was worth a look with it's fishbowl, singasong show and hostess bar on 3 floors.

The only city I have been to in Thailand where it is cheaper to drink spirits than beer. If you look at the bottles none have the excise sticker on so I assume that it is being brought up from the duty free side of Langkawi.

I used that train quite a lot when I lived in Nakhon Si Thammarrat but soon learnt that paying the extra for a 1st class sleeper was well worth it.

The Malays tend to stay in Sadao which is south of Hat Yai and closer to the border. Sadao was an "interesting" place to visit.
I haven't been to Hat Yai for years but always enjoyed it and found plenty of bars and company. There was even a live sex show place. The Grand Pink hotel was worth a look with it's fishbowl, singasong show and hostess bar on 3 floors.
The only city I have been to in Thailand where it is cheaper to drink spirits than beer. If you look at the bottles none have the excise sticker on so I assume that it is being brought up from the duty free side of Langkawi.
I used that train quite a lot when I lived in Nakhon Si Thammarrat but soon learnt that paying the extra for a 1st class sleeper was well worth it.
Unfortunately the grand pink complex has been converted into a family Hotel. Too bad because I did a lot of reading on it and I was staying right next door didn't find out about it until I arrived. But it is a really good trip for anybody that has got a few days to burn

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

I'm in Songkhla right now and I'm off to Hat Yai with the missus. Not sure I'm ready for another city right now as I'm happy here at the beach.