Evil Penevil

Eatigo Discounts in Pattaya

I think an example of a really bad promotional discount in Pattaya would be the specials offered by Bite Me Bistro a couple of years ago.  Their specials were so wide-ranging, and you knew there'd be something good on special, that AIUI hardly anyone ever ate food off the ordinary menu.  Guys really thought BMB was a 240 baht (were specials about that?) for a main course sort of restaurant.  Great food for that price, but that became the "normal" price there. 

It would have been much better for BMB to have offered just one special a day, which might have been tempting but couldn't be relied on to be so.  Customers would have gone to BMB thinking maybe there'd be a special they'd like, that would be a bit of a bonus, but normally they'd eat from the ordinary menu.

Specials and discounts have to be well-designed.  Putting out your best dishes at 50% off isn't necessarily a good idea, in fact it's often a bad idea.  Maybe the customer base in Pattaya is either know-it-all expats who'll just shift eating to the afternoon, or visitors who don't know enough to even find Eatigo.  I'm not writing that Eatigo works perfectly in Pattaya, but I am writing that 50% promotional discounts can be good for everyone, and in the meantime there are some good deals for diners to find now.

Eatigo offering 50% off all day on Wednesday this week (24th July) on all its Pattaya restaurants.

14 hours ago, KWA said:

Eatigo offering 50% off all day on Wednesday this week (24th July) on all its Pattaya restaurants.

Nice. I use it a lot when there.

O'riellies seemed to always serve good stuff. Consistent and great value at 50% off. Hard to beat.

• Thumbs Up 1