Redeeming EVA Air Miles

ChiFlyer

A couple (?) of years back I shut down 2 US credit cards because they were a total pain in the butt to deal with when one lives outside the US. Before I closed the cards down I transferred any points to my EVA airlines account. I have never flown with EVA, but liked their schedules at the time to/from ORD. At the time I figured that sooner or later I would use them. Covid.

These points (not a huge amount at 42,000) will expire in a few months. I have no travel plans in that time frame. I am enjoying life well enough where I am at. Still I hate seeing something of value just bite the dust. I have been going through EVA's site and it appears the only thing they can be used for is reducing one's air travel costs on EVA. Am I missing something?

16 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

These points (not a huge amount at 42,000) will expire in a few months. I have no travel plans in that time frame.

You can book flights up to almost a year ahead if that's of any use?  The 42,000 points you have looks to be enough to upgrade one way BKK to USA.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 12:22 AM, Stillearly said:

And get six months Forbes subscription for 11,000 miles 

https://eservice.evaair.com/flyeva/EVA/FFP/magazine-commodity-reward.aspx

Thanks again for pointing these options out. I just pulled the trigger on them tonight. 

The hotel voucher in particular may come in handy. We are going to try and get a visa for the Mrs to travel with me to the US next Fall (2024). This will likely require an appointment with the US Embassy in Bangkok in early 2024. The hotel that the voucher is for is not all that far from the US Embassy.

• Thumbs Up 3