Motorbikes

Siam Addict

2 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Anyone know how much the Motorbike fares are?

I have a friend staying near Sukumvit Road and will possibly use these to get to and from Soi Baukhow to his hotel.

Tell him to download the BOLT app, much cheaper than MC Taxi.

If it's any help, it was running about 70 / 80 baht to get from Soi 10 or Central to Soi Photisan last trip with the regular MC Taxi guys.

LK Metro to Walking St was 50 baht, coming back was 60 baht with regular MC Taxi guy.

As opposed to:

BOLT MC from Soi 10 to Darkside was 80 baht. Taxi back was 120 baht.

BOLT MC from Soi 10 to Soi Photisan was 40 baht.

BOLT (car) taxi from Soi 10 to Oxygen Pratumnak was 140 baht.

MC Taxi prices vary from 50 baht upwards. I'd say Sukhumvit to LK Metro will be around  100 baht upwards per trip with a regular MC Taxi, but much less with BOLT.

However, that's purely going on what I pay, as I usually can't be bothered to negotiate or argue with MC Taxi guys over the sake of 10 baht. Some may pay less , some more.

It doesn't hurt to get on the good side of the local MC Taxi crew either, if he's going to be a regular customer.

Edited by Butch

1 hour ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks Butch, I'll let him know, I personnally just like to walk to the MC stand and hop on a bike. Do you need to have funds on the app or do you pay the driver direct with cash?

BOLT has a "pay with cash" option for the same price.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with Bolt is you end up with some random dude of unknown riding ability and whatever bike they happen to own. Overall I've found the motor taxi guys much better riders, and you can see the quality of their bike before getting on.

Now if it's a car you want for transport, Bolt is the way to go.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/8/2023 at 2:35 AM, forcebwithu said:

The problem with Bolt is you end up with some random dude of unknown riding ability and whatever bike they happen to own. Overall I've found the motor taxi guys much better riders, and you can see the quality of their bike before getting on.

Now if it's a car you want for transport, Bolt is the way to go.

That's a very good caveat indeed. ^^^^^ I forgot to mention that potential aspect.

I got on the back of a fairly attractive and slim female bolt rider and ended up hanging onto her waist for dear life as she put Barry Sheene to shame. She didn't object and actually I saw her smiling in the mirror. Arugably it was the fastest trip I've ever done from Soi Photisan to Tahitian queen. She was an absolute nutter.

The Car we had for Oxygen Pattaya was a very nice Fortuner. Great driver, great service and cheap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2