Travel Insurance

coxyhog

Yesterday I took out an annual multi trip policy with Direct Travel,whom I've used for many years.

Today they cancelled it with a full refund because I had a referral from my GP for a couple of small spots on my forehead to our hospital's derm dept.There's a waiting list of over 6 months at the derm dept.

So today I rang All Clear Travel & got the same policy for over £100 cheaper,£244 for max duration 45 days & including gadget cover up to £2500.Obviously no cover if my two spots suddenly decide to blow my head off.

Result!

• Great Info 2

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yesterday I took out an annual multi trip policy with Direct Travel,whom I've used for many years.

Today they cancelled it with a full refund because I had a referral from my GP for a couple of small spots on my forehead to our hospital's derm dept.There's a waiting list of over 6 months at the derm dept.

So today I rang All Clear Travel & got the same policy for over £100 cheaper,£244 for max duration 45 days & including gadget cover up to £2500.Obviously no cover if my two spots suddenly decide to blow my head off.

Result!

Good result, bloody insurance these days look for any excuse to wriggle out of a claim or charge extortionate amounts.

I used Post Office for years, their multi trip was good for family cover, then I went to Barclays which was £18 pcm but included Breakdown cover, and 6 lounge passes for dragonpass. I cancelled when C-19 hit and haven't renewed since, as the Wife's NatWest A/C comes with TA for all the family, and covers seperate member travel as well (without the policyholder needing to be present).

If your Derma issue is anything like mine, they'll prescribe Efudix cream. Probably got it from the days in Oman wearing no sun cream and standing out in the bondu most of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Butch said:

If your Derma issue is anything like mine, they'll prescribe Efudix cream. Probably got it from the days in Oman wearing no sun cream and standing out in the bondu most of the day.

Too much time in Saudi & Oman on the flight line & then going to Thailand & PI beaches....plus I was a bit of a ninja so wrong colour.

• Thumbs Up 2