Renewing my UK Passport

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Purely out of interest, where were they sent from? Mine should be due today.

Have you sent yours off yet ???

Mythaivisa Ltd, 310 Moo 8, T. Gerng, A. Muang, Mahasarakham.

Not sent off yet as i need to get some mugshots which i'm getting tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Everything arrived yesterday so I got my photos done in town straight away.

I got a bit confused when they wanted my Thai DL but it was quickly clarified in a phone call to Som. It is for confirmation of my address here. I shall use my Yellow book.

M'lady also called the agent she used for her previous husband's visa. He used to pay 26K baht but the price has increased to 33K !! So I am saving 10K with Som. Equally I don't mind paying the extra compared to Pattaya because it'd cost me that much in hotels and travel...and booze of course!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

So I am saving 10K with Som. Equally I don't mind paying the extra compared to Pattaya because it'd cost me that much in hotels and travel...and booze of course!!

I never put booze in the calculation. Never know which column to put it in, so just leave it out. Doesn't seem to affect any decisions.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Everything arrived yesterday so I got my photos done in town straight away.

I got a bit confused when they wanted my Thai DL but it was quickly clarified in a phone call to Som. It is for confirmation of my address here. I shall use my Yellow book.

M'lady also called the agent she used for her previous husband's visa. He used to pay 26K baht but the price has increased to 33K !! So I am saving 10K with Som. Equally I don't mind paying the extra compared to Pattaya because it'd cost me that much in hotels and travel...and booze of course!!

Its a great service mate ehh ? Yep they want proof of address by way of any acceptable method, Thai DL, Yellow book, a home country pension statement.

I like you will be looking to make use of their services for my other requirements.

Wifey's picking up my mugshots this morning (i had em done yesterday but they had a 40 min waiting time to pick up)

On the way back i popped into see a mate who witnessed my signatures on the forms, have you anyone local to witness yours (you've recently moved house ehh) ?

41 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

On the way back i popped into see a mate who witnessed my signatures on the forms, have you anyone local to witness yours (you've recently moved house ehh) ?

Oh shit! I haven't seen that part yet and she didn't mention it to me. Perhaps they plan on doing it for me...

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oh shit! I haven't seen that part yet and she didn't mention it to me. Perhaps they plan on doing it for me...

I'll scan and post/send to you. The forms they sent me are self explanatory, its the Power of Attorney that they need to act on your behalf, they sent to me together with the application form.  

Edited by Pumpuynarak

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'll scan and post/send to you. The forms they sent me are self explanatory, its the Power of Attorney that they need to act on your behalf, they sent to me together with the application form.  

Yep I have (and understand) all that but I didn't know my signature had to be witnessed ..

10 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep I have (and understand) all that but I didn't know my signature had to be witnessed ..

It says so on the forms at the bottom ''Signed...................Witness''

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I called Som....

No need to get that signed...

Only sign the "Grantor" on the POA and Section 9 of the Declaration....

For a POA to be legal, someone needs to witness your signature and and then sign as the witness.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I called Som....

No need to get that signed...

Only sign the "Grantor" on the POA and Section 9 of the Declaration....

Well thats not what she told me, she said get the ''Witness'' signed too. I've just spoken to her and told her and she said never mind it will be ok lol

On 3/10/2024 at 11:52 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

My current UK passport will need to be renewed later this year. It expires in April 2025 but as my retirement extension is due for renewal on January 22nd 2025 i will need to ensure that i am in possession of my new passport and my new RE extension is entered in that passport.

I'm looking at applying for my new passport in say August/September of this year to ensure there's no problems getting it before Jan 22nd 2025 when my RE is due. Now it involves going to VFS Global in Bangkok twice, once to submit the application and then again to pick up my new passport. Now i'm really not happy doing this so i'm considering using an agent.

I've seen an agent advertising on Facebook but i can't remember the name, they were specifically advertising the renewal of UK passports, anybody got a clue ? There were quite a few good recco comments and i believe the cost was 12500bht. Now when you consider the cost of getting to Bangers and back from Korat twice and all the hassle involved with it using this agent would appear to be a no brainer.

Anyone have knowledge of the name of the agent ? TIA 

Wish I could help oldchum but I don't have Facebook, by choice. I will, however, keep an eye open as well as monitoring this subject so I am prepared when mine gets close to expiring.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiTim said:

Wish I could help oldchum but I don't have Facebook, by choice. I will, however, keep an eye open as well as monitoring this subject so I am prepared when mine gets close to expiring.

All sorted mate, both DD and i are using MythaivisaLtd

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

For sure I understand that.. but the witness is below both signature blocks .....

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

See above .....

Without a doubt mate it is confusing thats why i contacted her to clarify as it made perfect sense to me to have my signature witnessed on a POA. As i previously stated she confirmed i should have it witnessed which i duly did. I don't think it will make any difference if you did'nt have it witnessed cos all they have to do is get somebody in their office witness it.

It will all come out in the wash mate lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

All sorted mate, both DD and i are using MythaivisaLtd

Sorry, for some reason my phone only loaded your initial post, the following three pages did not appear. Time to change the dog and bone methinks.

• Haha 2

Would you f****** believe the mugshots i had done are 50mm x 40mm despite me giving them the correct dimensions 45mm x 35mm. No probs i've just cut them down to the correct size, after all said and done they only charged me 140bht for 12 mugshots lol

• Haha 1

Sent all the required signed forms and current passport/driving licence/(for proof of address) 2 mugshots off to Mythaivisa yesterday. Advised them by email, got an immediate reply requesting the EMS tracking number so they could track.

They do everything :default_goodjob:

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, karon steve said:

I can never understand this witnessed or countersigned thing.
How do they check?

Usually it also includes a notarized seal which contains the ID of the notary public that will attest to witnessing the signatures.

• Thumbs Up 3