What Would A Book About Your Life Be Entitled?

Steelers4Life

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think career decisions are pretty clear cut ... I started at IBM as a programmer in Brussels ( and I am a Brooklyn boy ) and ended up as the Managing Director ( MQ Series) IBM Asia Pacific ... to many countries I have worked and lived in to even mention ...

This was after some serious shit I got myself into .... f**king serious .. young dumb but also pretty street smart ...

It is the nebulous decisions that you are confronted with ... that is all I am saying

Makes me happy .. seriously .. with your happiness ..

I was a Systems Analyst at one time, so got into development to a certain level. So I can understand why your career decisions were boolean . . 😉

Good for you mate - I can imagine being MD of an IBM subsidiary must have been hairy stuff. The company I worked for in the US was a massive company (Intergraph, born out of the NASA moonlanding missions). Nine of the top VP's at NASA left after the moonlandings to form Intergraph and it was a billion $ business in the mid to late 80's. To be honest that's one of the reasons I took the job in the UK. The politics and bureaucracy at Intergraph was horrendous - not my scene at all. Big part of my decision.

Being street smart is a huge asset, when used in the right way.

Appreciate your comment on being happy for my happiness. From your posts that I've read on this forum you're in a pretty good place yourself, which is great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

So Steelers4Life, when this glorious opus is published and you go on your book tour around the country, if you appear at a Barnes n Noble near me, as a Raider fan for life, could I get my copy autographed? 😜

I have always thought of you as an excellent writer. In fact, I find it humorous when I read comments on this forum (Certain Clubs 🙂 ) accusing you of plagiarism. They are not used to someone who can write a quality page of original thoughts. Some refuse to accept this and continue with their copy and paste. 

Anyway, get that book rolling of yours so we can do a B&N Tour together. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1