Living Will - DNR here in Thailand

Pumpuynarak

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Working on mine now...Living will draft being reviewed by the lawyer, hope to have the last will in for review by the end of next week. Both of those services will be free with the plan I am on.

Following that I will be working on serveral other legal related things that they wil charge a fee for, but it will be a fraction of the cost from what I would have paid back in the U.S. (and probably much more trustworty).

How did you get the draft of the living will ?

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

How did you get the draft of the living will ?

They emailed me the form. I downloaded it, filled in the info. Checked the appropriate boxes and emailed it back.

They are now reviewing it. Once that review process is completed I sign it and return. 

I am assuming with a document such as this there will need to be some sort of signiture veritication (docu sign or some app. like that). In some cases with documents you "wet sign" the document, scan it, download it to your computer, then email back with the attached copy of the signed scan. It depends on the document, high percentage of legal stuff can now be completed on line. Things that require a notary or witness may require sending it through the mail.

Getting a Thai notary should be easier than such documents that go back to the U.S. (I'm guessing that with GB it would be the same). In that case you have to make an appointment at the embassy.

I will update you in P.M. as I go through the process.

-------------------------------

Througout this process there will be things that we do over the phone (which requires an appointment). Then once each side is comfortable and "on the same page" they send you the forms. You completed the forms and send it for review, etc.

But almost all of it can be done from your couch (no joints allowed when conducting such business....lol).

• Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

They emailed me the form. I downloaded it, filled in the info. Checked the appropriate boxes and emailed it back.

They are now reviewing it. Once that review process is completed I sign it and return. 

I am assuming with a document such as this there will need to be some sort of signiture veritication (docu sign or some app. like that). In some cases with documents you "wet sign" the document, scan it, download it to your computer, then email back with the attached copy of the signed scan. It depends on the document, high percentage of legal stuff can now be completed on line. Things that require a notary or witness may require sending it through the mail.

Getting a Thai notary should be easier than such documents that go back to the U.S. (I'm guessing that with GB it would be the same). In that case you have to make an appointment at the embassy.

I will update you in P.M. as I go through the process.

-------------------------------

Througout this process there will be things that we do over the phone (which requires an appointment). Then once each side is comfortable and "on the same page" they send you the forms. You completed the forms and send it for review, etc.

But almost all of it can be done from your couch (no joints allowed when conducting such business....lol).

Thanks mate great info, i'm on the verge of making an appointment with my local lawyer to chat about it so your input and info will be invaluable.

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks mate great info, i'm on the verge of making an appointment with my local lawyer to chat about it so your input and info will be invaluable.

If you go with a local attorney that is tied into a group (say if something happens to him) that would be good.

Also, if he/she is experienced in these matters.

A local attorney may make it easier on you as in person meetings can also be done, and delivering documents, getting notaries, etc. can be easier.

Expect fees, but they should not be too bad. Keep copies of everything and stay organized with all of it. Explain everything in detail to wifey, rinse and repete often.

• Thanks 1