Best / Worst Cabin Crew experiences. Long Haul / Short Haul.

Butch

I have to thank BM @Felix for giving me the idea for this topic, after I read his post regarding KLM Cabin Crew.  🙂

Based upon economy travel and any anecdotal experiences you fellas wish to share, which Airline has the "best" and the "worst".

Best for me is, hands down, Singapore Airlines. The CC in Economy are just brilliant, and also decent eye candy. quick to give out meal service, and fairly rapid in clearing it up.

Cathay run a very close second, although they are extremely strict, tied in second place is EVA CC for the amount of shit they seem to put up with while still being very polite and professional. EVA are just a bit slow in clearing the food up after a meal I find. Especially when people just want to sleep.

Worst is by far South African Airways. The kind of Crew who'd happily push in front of the pax and jump onto the inflatable raft in the event of a ditching at sea, leaving everyone else to fend for themselves. I've never seen such a bunch of apathetic muppets in my entire life. I am going on an experience in 2005 though. BA are not exactly setting the world on fire with their attitude sometimes, especially in Econ.

Short Haul

Cebu Pacific can be hit and miss, but they get first place because they are chatty, and make some flights fun with little competitions etc.

Ryan Air. Enough said, but you can't really expect too much as you're essentially paying very little in the first place.

• Like 1

My best experiences were with Philippine Airlines from Berlin and Paris to Bangkok (about 1995). All very acceptable (difficult to rank after so long) were Cathay Pacific, Emirates, EVA, THAI. The least long haul experience was with Lufthansa (FRA -> BKK and v.v.). I don't have a clear recollection of the one time I flew with China Airlines (BKK -> AMS, EVA was overbooked).

Short haul there is nothing really exceptional except that my experiences with KLM were worse than with other airlines, so I avoid them if possible.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

I can fondly recall my first experience with Singapore Airlines, long haul to Australia via Singapore - lovely flight attendants in sexy outfits giving great service, such a change from my previous experiences with Canadian, Quantas, etc...later when I started flying on EVA to Thailand I was always impressed by the service and servers. I had to change to Cathay Pacific for two trips when EVA stopped flying PE out of Vancouver and I was less than impressed by their service compared to EVA, but I'll be flying EVA again in January and I hope they will live up to the standards I enjoyed before. 

For short haul I will nominate our own local, award-winning airline - Air North, based right here in my community; they are well-loved for their great service and food, etc. and nobody I know flies Air Canada out of here unless they have to. I've also enjoyed good service on my short hops around SE Asia with Air Asia, my only bitch being that of having to do the "bus gate" routine too often at Don Muang. 

• Great Info 1