Fire At Edge Condos

Looks like there was a room fire at the Edge condos that spread to the exterior cladding. To the credit of the Pattaya Fire Dept and The Edge for using non-flammable cladding, by the time I got there the fire was out.

P3160010.jpg

P3160015.jpg

P3160017.jpg

P3160020.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Sad 2

I question the news report that the first call to the FD was at 13:36 as the pictures I took were 12 minutes later at 13:48 and the fire was out by then. Still, the FD did an impressive job of putting out the fire as quickly as they did.

More Than 100 Tourists Flee Fire at Luxury Condo in Pattaya, No Major Injuries

A fire broke out today mid-afternoon at a room on the 11th floor of the Edge, a prestigious luxury condominium in the heart of Pattaya City. Luckily, other than two people with minor smoke inhalation related issues, there were no injuries.

At precisely 1:36 p.m., the Pattaya Public Disaster Prevention Department and Mitigation Radio Center received an urgent report of a fire at the Edge Central Pattaya Condominium, Nongprue, Chonburi.

Multiple firefighters and rescue workers from the Sawang Boriboon Dhamma Sathan in Pattaya City immediately raced to the scene where flames licked the walls, smoke billowed from windows, and water cascaded down the facade. Many people were filming the situation and taking photos and sharing them on social media. Over a hundred residents and tourists, some with luggage and bags, were seen fleeing the building and gathering around the outside.

Five fire trucks sprayed torrents of water, battling the flames for nearly 20 minutes until they finally subsided leaving only a thick cloud of smoke.
Fire officials confirmed to Thai media that the fire originated from the air conditioning equipment in the room in question. The inferno rapidly consumed the room, leaving it severely damaged but without an estimated cost of damages at this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

The news report says the fire was on the 11th floor, that's roughly 55m up. Is that a challenge for the arial ladders on the Pattaya fire trucks? Or are different methods used? What about 30 storey buildings?

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

40 minutes ago, Zambo said:

The news report says the fire was on the 11th floor, that's roughly 55m up. Is that a challenge for the arial ladders on the Pattaya fire trucks? Or are different methods used? What about 30 storey buildings?

A video I saw showed them spraying water out of the rooms' windows. In the short clip it looked like they were missing the fire more than they hit it, but in the end they got the job done in a short amount of time.

There are also standpipes built into high rise buildings to allow firefighters to pump water to floors an aerial ladder wouldn't be able to reach. They may have used those standpipes today.

• Like 2