On Site Hotels Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam.

john luke

My next trip to Thailand includes an overnight transfer of 11 hours 10 minutes at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam.  The timings are such that taking the train into and out of Amsterdam Centre is not viable for me.  I wonder if anyone has any experience of any of the hotels inside the airport complex of in close proximity of the airport, which they feel able to recommend.

The fare I have booked is from LBA to AMS to CDG to BKK, rather than the normal LBA to AMS to BKK and the reason is that I have paid a little over £2400 for my flight, whereas the LBA AMS BKK flight would be somewhere around the £4000 mark.  My return flight is my normal BKK AMS LBA with a total travel time around the 18 hours mark.

Thank You.

I've stayed at ibis styles and ibis Amsterdam Airport hotel many times last 2 years travelling through work, both decent enough tho styles better,free buss every 30 minutes 24 hours to both right outside,only once they put me in the hilton which is great and a short walk.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Thanks 1

The Schiphol Sheraton is within (covered) walking distance from the terminal(s). That is all I know about it though.

As for a train into and from Amsterdam Centre, there is at least one train per hour the whole night. Below an excerpt of the departures from Amsterdam Central to Schiphol:

image.png

I would avoid the 00:55 though, takes one hour for a 15 minute trip.

Edited by Freee!!
Show 00:41
  • Great Info 1

I've stayed at the CitizenM Hotel.  Access is via a covered walkway and about 100m from the airport exit.  "Trendy" place with unnecesary gadgets like multi-coloured shower lights controlled from an ipad, but close, nice bar and breakfast and a reasonable price from what I remember.

• Great Info 1