Golf

Archie43

Bryson is playing very conservative off the tee some holes, that last one was close to disaster. Then again, when your good drives approach 400 yards, your layups will be with a much shorter club as well

Westwood is hanging around, so is Conners. Lots can happen on this course

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Still praying that Spieth will get there , that birdie chance on the 12th ..

Looked like a possible eagle from the sand as it rolled past, putt was a real heartbreaker. Conners stuffed a long 3rd on the 12th, just missed the birdie too. And Bryson’s 2 bombs today looked eerily similar, that’s the difference so far

Just now, Golfingboy said:

Bryson showing us what’s missing in society today - RESPECT 

“Mister Palmer’s tournament” 

"worst bunkers on the tour " didn't sound that respectful 555

I dislike Bryson , but you can't fail to appreciate his power and his putting , he doesn't hit that many fairways though ...

• Great Info 1

53 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

"worst bunkers on the tour " didn't sound that respectful 555

I dislike Bryson , but you can't fail to appreciate his power and his putting , he doesn't hit that many fairways though ...

Oh I must have missed that, yes doesn’t sound very respectful....

I hated BD the most when he was so unapologetic for the obvious slow play. Don't love him yet, but definitely dislike him less than 2 years ago. Every time he wins going forward, it will influence the heads of golf to limit distance, but let’s be honest - he had to make a 5 footer to avoid a playoff. His distance is a huge advantage, but the rest of the Tour don’t have to fear him that much. My boy Conners still pocketed $641k USD for solo 3rd. Bryson will be deadly if he sharpens up the wedge game, much like Rory. The putting is amazing right now, it won him the tournament, his lags were mostly tap in range plus the 2 bombs he sank. 

Bottom line, distance alone doesn’t win you tournaments. The fact that he is approaching Long Driver numbers in practice, but still controlling his tee shots well enough on PGA, amazes me. He won the US Open when logic says he should have dominated at Augusta. Boy can putt

• Thumbs Up 1

6th was prime example, amazing shot across the water , but in the end Westwood took the same amount of shots to finish the hole 

it was his attitude towards the camera guys and his "brand" that annoyed me ( when they restarted after the Covid shutdown )  but controlling his temper might be more difficult if he is taking "supplements" .. 😉  still it's awesome to watch him at times 

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

6th was prime example, amazing shot across the water , but in the end Westwood took the same amount of shots to finish the hole 

it was his attitude towards the camera guys and his "brand" that annoyed me ( when they restarted after the Covid shutdown )  but controlling his temper might be more difficult if he is taking "supplements" .. 😉  still it's awesome to watch him at times 

I’m fairly confident he’s not on PEDS, but the PGA’s testing is not the IOC. If he wants to take them, he’ll take them.

Some guys just react well to finally training their muscles hard, Lord knows he put in the effort, and still  keeps it up. Honestly, I’m not even that impressed. I’m a few inches shorter than him, thicker upper body but zero flexibility......was swinging 119 mph in mid 1990’s. I’ve heard it rumoured the old Tiger was 130+ before he dialled it down, and with a steel shaft to boot! No TV radar back then though.  Bryson is also swinging out of his shoes just to hit 135. 

Like he has said to his detractors on Tour, if they think it’s so easy, try it.....nothing secret or illegal is happening 

This is a big deal to me, Canadian Open already cancelled for 2nd year in a row. Due to Covid, but it often had a scheduling problem too close to the Open. Plus with insane Toronto real estate prices, Glen Abbey, the main host since the 80’s, is set to be gone anytime now

Damn shame 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Players started today , I'll be cheering for Cantlay , Fleetwood and Spieth 

Good start for Conners again, never hurts when you hole out on what is usually a very tough par 4. I know Tiger and Vijay visited the water on this hole multiple times over the years

F22F442A-3004-4CBD-A4F6-548C73FA890D.jpeg

Fitzpatrick pitches in to get to 5 under. Always liked him, must be nice to be young and flexible. Kind of on the fence about his comments on Bryson’s driving distance, I feel for the guy but Bryson isn’t breaking any rules. And as we are seeing today, distance isn’t everything, Matthew is doing fine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Tough course is Sawgrass

Rory had a quad on 18

Hughes just made a quad on 10, his first hole of the tournament 

Kevin Na hit 3 balls into the water on the island 17th, chips in for an 8, then promptly withdraws citing back issues......hmmm

Think that was An