Golf

Archie43

Mom was helping clean Dad’s condo, found some old scorecards from us, some in Arizona, some in Montreal. This one we played several times jumped out at me- Tubac, about 25 miles north of the Mexican border.

Not the toughest track, but I finished my last 7 holes in 26 strokes,  with 3 birdies. How I shot 82......well I was never a consistent player

6FABFB30-E0E2-426E-8C97-3EA84CBDC1B2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

What did he do? I’m only tuning in tomorrow 

Sergio was only a few inches from the hole , he asked should I mark it or just knock it in , Rory said mark it and move it an inch to the right ... reference to Hovland yesterday.. Sergio thought it was funny  🙂 

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Sergio was only a few inches from the hole , he asked should I mark it or just knock it in , Rory said mark it and move it an inch to the right ... reference to Hovland yesterday.. Sergio thought it was funny  🙂 

I love that kid.....don’t tell me he got caught cheating????

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

OK I got the story about his Mom in Norway. Rory is a real joker, not uptight at all.

His  2 “victims” that come to mind, and it’s both players I hate, are Reed and Kuchar 

The 2014 Masters press conference, he was asked about being paired with Spieth and Reed

”Yeah, well, there’s going to be no Top 5 players in that group”

And with the new Wyndham Top 10 on top of the FedEx Cup, Kuchar said something like “ I got edged out of $300,000 by one shot by Rory”

Rory says “ We all know what money means to you” 

Both savage, love Rory

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, boydeste said:

I have never seen a player do that before, usually they forget to move it back.

Tiger could have lost one his Amateurs because of moving his coin, I believe the other finalist helped him remember just in time - that’s sportsmanship. 
So to this day, the 99% of the time he marks his ball normally, it’s heads up, and tails if he has moved it a putter width, or whatever

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Rory makes a great point about Bryson from the rough. He’s hitting it so long, he will have a club, maybe 2, less from that same lie.PLUS, the single length irons he uses are already longer than everyone. 

Now I’m seeing why he dominated at Winged Foot. If he’s down the middle it goes 360+. If he’s in the cabbage, what we called 20 years ago a “sand wedge lie pitch-out”, Bryson can probably get close to 200 yards with 9I, maybe...gulp...PW

Wow, Saturday is truly moving day.....so many highlights and big moves already. Cam Smith goes from the cut line to T3,  Paul Casey just eagled 2nd hole to get to -6

England  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 looking good this week,never been a huge Westwood fan, but it would be awesome in this day of speed and power if he pulled it off

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Westwood and Bryson playing together on Sunday just like a week ago ..

What a putt, finally Lee sinks something! I have never seen a ball that close that did not take the slope, he missed it by 4 inches or something. As luck would have it, he has a difficult putt that he holes, had he been left with a 6 footer he might have missed

He avoids the water on 18, anxious to see the lie, but first things first, he took 6 out of play.

But oh my, if Bryson could hit his short irons, and Lee could putt&chip, they’d both be 8 clear of the rest of the field

Sergio gets to -10 early and 3 back. Lee & Bryson both stripe it down the first. 

Paul Azinger, while a very knowledgeable analyst and great golfer(cancer survivor too), is starting to get on my nerves a little. It’s quite subtle, but he is very, very pro-American and you can tell he does not respect the Europeans. Remember the Fleetwood comment about only PGA wins count? Don’t expect anything positive about Westwood to come from Paul’s mouth today