Golf

Archie43

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Patty Tavatanakit of Thailand, only 21 and just won her first major. Saw some of the golf Friday and she hits it a long way. Poor girl doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page yet

F41D240D-3FFE-4B24-A222-BF0272875FE2.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3

So I guess Tiger’s privacy wasn’t so important after all, the Sheriff said he was going 85+ mph on a road that is not exactly an Interstate. A bloody miracle he survived IMO, apparently he struck the tree at 75mph.

Those Genesis vehicles must be some kind of safe

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-04-07/la-county-sherriff-says-speeding-caused-tiger-woods-crash%3f_amp=true

Edited by Golfingboy

Just scanned Masters.com for the field & tee times. Lots of new faces, who honestly don’t have a chance IMO. Should be a big name who takes it, I’m thinking DJ, JT, Bryson, or Spieth with his recent return to form. Who I’d love to see win their first major - Finau, along with 3 Englishmen- Poulter, Casey & Westwood. Rory as well, but chasing those extra yards has made his swing a mess, don’t see him recovering in time for the Career Grand Slam. 

Here’s also hoping that Freddie & Langer make the cut at 60+ years old, and sand castle Reed & big-tipper Kuchar both miss it

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Brilliant performance by Rose  🙂 

the only English player I didn't back 😉 555

Pal I mine told me on Tuesday he was the man to back- I queried whether he was fit and playing:default_1087:

Does look to be a course where a lot can go wrong very quickly. His current price of around 4s looks about right, long way to go yet.

• Like 1

OMG, Wiesberger drains a birdie on the long 10th to go 6 under. He has only 180 yards to the flag on the 11th, usually the toughest hole at Augusta. 
A real ball striking clinic, this man is on 🔥. That short one he missed on 9 could be huge. 

Now only 11 feet for birdie......he is really striping it

Edited by Golfingboy

Wiesberger in the house tied for the lead at -4, with maybe the most disappointing 66 ever shot at Augusta IMO. 🇨🇦 Hughes birdied 3 of his last six holes to finish E in only his 2nd Masters. Vijay is next to last at +15, and he had a ridiculous eagle pitch-in on the 8th. 

Maybe it’s time Augusta gently changes the policies on past champions and lets in a few more youngsters, while keeping the field the same size? 

An interesting tournament this will surely be, wide open at the moment. One thing I know is no scoring records will be broken, it is playing tough

Edited by Golfingboy

Rose gets back to 5 under and a share of the lead with Leishman.

Is it finally time for Tony Finau? Mr. Top Ten just shot a 31 on the front to get within 2, starting the day 9 back. I’d love to see him win, but he’s just maybe the worst closer I’ve ever seen- would still love to have a fraction of his bank account though

Finau just birdies 10 to get within one, -6 on the day

Edited by Golfingboy

Thank God for the Masters (and the GF trial too). All TV is cancelled in UK and tributes to the wonderful Duke of Edinburgh aka to all us London boys Phil the Greek. Rest in Peace big man and apparently he wanted no fuss. Different generation, old school. 

So come on Tommy Fleetwood loads of eagles soaring ...... or Roses blooming...

Well done by Rose to pull it together and shoot Even for the day, back in the lead. They said this kid Zalatoris was good at one of the majors last year, 2nd place after 36 holes is impressive with his lack of experience.

Congrats to Olazabal making the cut at 55, not my favourite Spaniard but he’s been battling injuries for 20 years now and could have easily given up. A very short hitter but one of the best short games in the history of the game