Golf

Archie43

No way......Bryson almost drives a par 4, but the lack of fans, plus wet rough and the 3 minute rule.....he’s now being carted back to the tee to hit his 3rd

Unreal how COVID has affected golf, just like Harris English on the 1st hole on Sunday at US Open. With fans present, balls are never lost on the rough 

Just now, Golfingboy said:

No way......Bryson almost drives a par 4, but the lack of fans, plus wet rough and the 3 minute rule.....he’s now being carted back to the tee to hit his 3rd

Unreal how COVID has affected golf, just like Harris English on the 1st hole on Sunday at US Open. With fans present, balls are never lost on the rough 

Seen that at a couple of recent tournaments, they even checked the tv footage .. 

23 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Seen that at a couple of recent tournaments, they even checked the tv footage .. 

I’m not a fan of his, but that turned a sure birdie/par into a triple......just not fair. His second shot was actually further left, but almost hit an official so no way they were going to I miss it. 
There’s pine straw on both sides, had he hit it further off line, they would have seen it right away. 
Rules are rules, search is Max 3 mins, and I’m sure many people are happy to see him lose shots, but Bryson has grown on me a bit. Now had it happened to Patrick Reed, that’s the only guy on Tour I would say “justice has been served”

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, misteregg said:

The Masters has gone from being one of the least televised golf events to putting all the early action online at their website, where you can watch every shot from your favorite players, absolutely free. Best golf coverage of any tournament.

Not sure if this is just because of Covid or they will continue .. 

Looks like 60 make the cut at EVEN, Cabrera Bello had a chance to knock 10 guys out with a birdie, but hit a poor approach. 

Leaderboard is stacked, it’s unreal how many big names are within 5 shots. It wasn’t talked about much, but Conners had a 65 to move up to -5, with Tiger, Phil, Koepka, and Casey, who doubled 18.....too bad. Too hard to pick a winner, so many of my favourites are up there. Congrats to Weir for making it to the weekend as well

If they use split tees, I’m sure the 3rd round should be underway very soon.  For golf fans, it doesn’t get much better.....

Edited by Golfingboy

8 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Looks like 60 make the cut at EVEN, Cabrera Bello had a chance to knock 10 guys out with a birdie, but hit a poor approach. 

Leaderboard is stacked, it’s unreal how many big names are within 5 shots. It wasn’t talked about much, but Conners had a 65 to move up to -5, with Tiger, Phil, Koepka, and Casey, who doubled 18.....too bad. Too hard to pick a winner, so many of my favourites are up there. Congrats to Weir for making it to the weekend as well

If they use split tees, I’m sure the 3rd round should be underway very soon.  For golf fans, it doesn’t get much better.....

Thought the cut was at -1 - BDC , Spieth out ...

The turnaround was quick, Rory and Langer have the first tee time for the guys starting on #1, and they’ve already finished the first hole. Hope he puts up another good number, unfortunately he shot himself in the foot with his opening 75

He has 8 par 5’s left,he should birdie them all

Edited by Golfingboy

11 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

The turnaround was quick, Rory and Langer have the first tee time for the guys starting on #1, and they’ve already finished the first hole. Hope he puts up another good number, unfortunately he shot himself in the foot with his opening 75

He has 8 par 5’s left,he should birdie them all

Unfortunately no live coverage for us for a couple of hours 

• Sad 1