Golf

Archie43

Paul Casey in the lead at -7, it’s funny because both the Golf Channel and TSN, our Canadian sports channel, had an analyst who chose him as a sleeper pick. Everyone was talking about Tiger playing horribly, low clubhead speed.....and he is the mix with a 68......never count him out @ Augusta

Happy to see Bryson didn’t break records today, but watching his shots, there is no doubt the potential is there for a super low round. Rory starts tomorrow with a bunker shot on 10 to stay at E, hope he has a good back nine. 
Hats off to Larry Mize, shoots a 70 at 62 years of age. And Langer is already 3 under thru 10 holes, at 63......amazing

When the rain hit this morning, Golf Channel people were saying how they were not sure if they would even finish on Sunday. I think they will be OK, but with some guys having 10 holes to finish tomorrow, I don’t think the cut will be made until Saturday am, and I’m sure threesomes will be necessary all weekend. But weather looks good

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I know Langer has been given the all clear many times , but he still looks like he is anchoring to me ... but nice to see the old guys competing , brilliant bunker shot from Mickelson 

coverage starts earlier tomorrow I think , midday U.K. time 

Agreed, I don’t care if someone has the yips or a bad back(that was Tim Clark’s reason), putters should all be roughly the same length with zero anchoring or bellying......if 90%(not sure about that number) do it the same way, f—k the other 10%, they can adapt or quit. 

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just snapped this graphic in Golf Channel.....maybe Tiger does have a good shot at Masters #6 and win 83

3B274EF6-67C3-4A70-BD1D-8E318FDD0B50.jpeg

Your graphic has convinced me, just had a small investment at 23..0 Surprised he was that big.

I saw a little of him playing yesterday when he was at 2 under. The commentators stressed that the way he was moving around the course was totally different from his previous tournaments this year. He looked really fit and fluid, not like a guy carrying an injury

Backed him last year when he won. Putting aside the cash, that wasn't that much in the scheme of things, the scenes with the crowd surrounding him as walked down the 18th were just unreal.

8 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Your graphic has convinced me, just had a small investment at 23..0 Surprised he was that big.

I saw a little of him playing yesterday when he was at 2 under. The commentators stressed that the way he was moving around the course was totally different from his previous tournaments this year. He looked really fit and fluid, not like a guy carrying an injury

Backed him last year when he won. Putting aside the cash, that wasn't that much in the scheme of things, the scenes with the crowd surrounding him as walked down the 18th were just unreal.

I was never his biggest fan, but facts are facts. His knowledge of the course gives me a huge advantage over the young guns. And I think I posted a while back, wins 80,81,82.....came at fields of Masters~95 or less. Will he ever win again at a top notch event like US Open or PGA with 155 other guys who are playing great golf & qualified based on that? I wouldn’t bet the house on that for sure, it’s not looking good.

But Augusta is what it is, and let’s not forget......if he is anywhere near the final 2 groups on Sunday, just his presence can make a weaker player scared and choke. We’ve all seen it happen. Only no roars this year, which definitely hurts Tiger IMO. 
At the 2018 Valspar, Corey Conners led to start Sunday, Tiger was playing one group ahead. Conners shot 77 to go from winning to 16th place. Casey won the event, and I love my Canadian golfers, but it shows how some guys can crack when they know Tiger is lurking, even after 20 surgeries

• Thumbs Up 1

Lot of good coverage of top players right now. Rory just hit a drive on 13 reminiscent of his collapse in 2011, a sharp hook in the bush, that he actually found and played, making bogey. 
Now I found this on the Masters website, don’t know why TV is not covering Champ, he’s a Yank and he’s playing with Justin Rose, whose every shot they’re showing. Anyway, this is a monster drive, Champ has trust in his swing to take this line

F0F1AE42-2EF4-450B-B8FA-6FA41249FEF8.png

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

now in the water ...

He missed the par, at least he gave himself a chance, but 2 straight bogeys from the middle of the fairway, after the start he had.....gotta be disappointed 

Meanwhile......my avatar Ulsterman Rory.....is quietly 3 under thru 6 to get to E and a good chance of playing the weekend

Edited by Golfingboy