What are you reading?

Al McReady

On 3/13/2022 at 2:38 PM, galenkia said:

About a quarter of the way through this. Decent so far. 

B08SQK8FXW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

While I respect John as a musician, I lost a lot of respect for him as a person after reading this. Proper arsehole, especially when drunk. Acted the big I Am and expected others to put the carnage right.

Treated people terribly, and actually physically hurting people and thinking it's just fun and games.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

The Hundred Days is the nineteenth historical novel in the Aubrey-Maturin series by British author Patrick O'Brian, first published in 1998. The story is set during the Napoleonic Wars, specifically in their last portion in 1815, the Hundred Days.

9780393046748__39453.1634465503.jpg

Mate - you are sure churning through them. Where do you find the time.  I get a few chapters in each night before dropping off. 

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Mate - you are sure churning through them. Where do you find the time.  I get a few chapters in each night before dropping off. 

Easy books to read as they're 275-320 pages. I read for a few hours at a time and average about 50 pg/hr.

Once I finish the series I've got a stack of books waiting... 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:15 AM, galenkia said:

Just started this I got from the library yesterday. It's about an ex Gurkha who attempted to climb all 14 mountains above 8000 metres in 7 months, the previous record was 8 years. 

416of-VbH8L._SY346_.jpg

The documentary on Netflix is worth a watch 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, lazarus said:

The last leg in the trip...

The novel Blue at the Mizzen is the twentieth and last completed historical novel in the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian, first published in 1999. It is set after the Napoleonic wars, in the fight for Chilean independence from Spain.

9780393048445__05127.1634465509.jpg

Its been a fair while since I read these. I think I will also go back and re read them now. I do love a good series of books I can get my teeth into.

• Like 3

Just a heads up -

Apple TV have started releasing their 'mini-series' version of the very excellent (IMO) Mick Herron - Slough House book series on video/ streaming/whatever.

Will be interesting to see what a fistfull they made of it ?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This one by the normally excellent Joh Ronson( EDIT- gave this up halfway through, the poorest of Ronson's books. A few ideas and subject matter stretched very thin. Very disappointing, thankfully got it from the library)

image.png

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1