• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Smiler

Is it too early?

Mrs smiler was talking about Christmas today, wanting to know if we would be at home in the village or "have hotel lesort".

We have been together long enough for me to know that means she wants to go away 🙂

Can't blame her as last year we had a house full and she really deserves a break from taking care of her mum and brother. 

Haven't given Christmas a thought other than a few ideas for what to get young smiler. Guess I should start looking for somewhere we can go for a couple of nights, seems a bit early to me though.

I'm planning on doing Christmas lunch for a few friends at my shack in South Pattaya this year. I'm in the UK at the moment stocking up with turkey crown, goose fat, cranberry jelly, sprouts and so on to bring back with me. I just hope Thai Customs at Swampy don't take an unwanted interest in my suitcase! The last 6 or 7 years I've eaten out in Pattaya but the food's been a bit hit and miss, even in the same place several years in a row. I reckon just two of the last seven Christmas dinners were really good, whereas I can cook a good meal every time. I enjoy cooking and I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Toy Boy said:

I'm planning on doing Christmas lunch for a few friends at my shack in South Pattaya this year. I'm in the UK at the moment stocking up with turkey crown, goose fat, cranberry jelly, sprouts and so on to bring back with me. I just hope Thai Customs at Swampy don't take an unwanted interest in my suitcase! The last 6 or 7 years I've eaten out but the food's been a bit hit and miss, even in the same place several years in a row. I reckon just two of the last seven Christmas dinners were really good, whereas I can cook a good meal every time. I enjoy cooking and I'm looking forward to it.

Make sure you don't take Xmas Crackers with you ,  think another BM had issues last year iirc

• Surprised 1

17 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Mrs smiler was talking about Christmas today, wanting to know if we would be at home in the village or "have hotel lesort".

We have been together long enough for me to know that means she wants to go away 🙂

Can't blame her as last year we had a house full and she really deserves a break from taking care of her mum and brother. 

Haven't given Christmas a thought other than a few ideas for what to get young smiler. Guess I should start looking for somewhere we can go for a couple of nights, seems a bit early to me though.

Peak season , if the place you are planning on going to is popular, worth booking now 

Christmas has been the same for us since my dad died in 2001,my mum coming over & staying the night.

Also it's her birthday a few days later so we're stuck here for NY as well.

Much as I love my mother Christmas day is for me the most boring day of the year,not even any sport on the box.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Peak season , if the place you are planning on going to is popular, worth booking now 

Yeah better start making some plans I guess. I will ask her tomorrow if anyone has any ideas.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a done deal already, her and the kids probably know where they want to go! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

You still in the UK or Thailand Khun Smiler?

UK mate for another 3 or 4 weeks trying to cram as much work in as possible before going back to the jungle and chillin (no g) till new year 😎

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this