Finnair upgrading long haul seating

Stillearly

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When I flew back with EVA last year my son basically said that I stank when I got off the coach. So what bothers me is the flight into LHR and sitting next to some poor soul for 90 minutes or so..

Is there time for a shower in Helsinki. Are there showers available for cabbage class ... Although I will probably fly business class if I can afford it...??

If traveling Finnair business class they have a lounge (non Schengen) which has showers. It is by gate 52.

There is also an Aspire lounge, which offers facilities to anyone willing to pay. I looked online and the latest figure I got was around £22 to enter, although I think there is an extra charge for a shower at 10 Euro.

The time for a shower will obviously depend on your connection time. As MCT (minimum connection time) is 45 mins for most flights, it should see enough time for a shower on most connections, but again, depends on your own flight timings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If traveling Finnair business class they have a lounge (non Schengen) which has showers. It is by gate 52.

There is also an Aspire lounge, which offers facilities to anyone willing to pay. I looked online and the latest figure I got was around £22 to enter, although I think there is an extra charge for a shower at 10 Euro.

The time for a shower will obviously depend on your connection time. As MCT (minimum connection time) is 45 mins for most flights, it should see enough time for a shower on most connections, but again, depends on your own flight timings. 

Thanks mate. My last time through there it was undergoing renovations ...

My recent discussions with my sons seem to point to flying next year now ... but it is always nice to keep checking !!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Doesn't it annoy you that now you cannot just say "orientals"? 🙁

Why who says you're not allowed to say Orientals? 

Just never entered my head to say it. I can assure yiu if it had and i wanted to, I would've. 

I think I walked past a restaurant earlier called 'Taste of the Oriental' or something like that.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Why who says you're not allowed to say Orientals? 

Just never entered my head to say it. I can assure yiu if it had and i wanted to, I would've. 

I think I walked past a restaurant earlier called 'Taste of the Oriental' or something like that.

This is just one of dozens of links that come up on a Google search:

https://www.weareresonate.com/2016/07/oriental-racist-term/

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

[...]

One of the larger chains of oriental oriented supermarkets here in the Netherlands is called "Amazing Oriental". I happen to be a regular customer (20 kg of rice every couple of weeks, fish sauce, spring rolls and more).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

This is just one of dozens of links that come up on a Google search:

https://www.weareresonate.com/2016/07/oriental-racist-term/

Well if Alice King, whoever the f**k she is, wants to stop using the term, that's up to her. No problem here.

What I have a problem with, is people like Alice King trying to impose their views on everyone else, like everyone should follow suit just because she and no doubt like minded others do.

I don't impose my views on them, so they can go f**k themselves if they are so arrogant they think only they can be right, and everyone should think or do as they do. 

0e0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:51 PM, Horizondave said:

It runs out on the 06 April 2024. Value 90 Euro.

If you want it I will send the voucher to you by message. It has the voucher number and pin number to enable use. If you actually then use it, just send me £20/25. I will not use it.

PM when needing voucher.

Edit. as per Finnair:

Finnair gift card is not personal, so you can give it to someone else or purchase flights for others as well. Finnair gift card is valid for one year. Please buy your ticket before the expiration date marked on the gift card. Travel date can be later (max 360 days from the day of the purchase). Unused vouchers or a part of them are not redeemed.

I'll definitely take that off you Dave.

Absolutely loved my trip, was like a Spiritual Retreat for me!

Liked FinnAir as well. There is other options, cheaper ones like Ryanair or Easyjet to Rovaniemi then long bus run up. 

But i can't be arsed with that on a roughly 1 week trip.

Will be booking for end of Feb this time 2 weeks. If it all goes through okay, accepts it no issues, and which i can't see why it wouldn't, then i'll certainly send you over £25. I'll have saved me £50 still.

Win/Win.

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'll definitely take that off you Dave.

Absolutely loved my trip, was like a Spiritual Retreat for me!

Liked FinnAir as well. There is other options, cheaper ones like Ryanair or Easyjet to Rovaniemi then long bus run up. 

But i can't be arsed with that on a roughly 1 week trip.

Will be booking for end of Feb this time 2 weeks. If it all goes through okay, accepts it no issues, and which i can't see why it wouldn't, then i'll certainly send you over £25. I'll have saved me £50 still.

Win/Win.

Will send pm later when out of bed.....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

For anybody who is thinking of traveling Finnair, they are offering a great Avios deal right now. Got to be quick though. Seems a bloody good deal if wanting to get extra Avios for that trip.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/04/03/finnair-plus-first-avios-sale-with-up-to-70-bonus-through-april-17-2024/

https://www.finnair.com/en/finnair-plus/buy--transfer-or-exchange-avios

• Like 1